Gas War!!  How To Beat Them! >

Gas War!! How To Beat Them!

Notices

Gas War!! How To Beat Them!

Old 04-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas War!! How To Beat Them!

A buddy of mine e-mailed this to me and I thought I would pass it along. I think it might work if we all stuck together.

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this
point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message
reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE >>>>HUNDRED MILLION
>>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK
Old 04-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gas War!! How To Beat Them!

Uh NO....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp
Old 04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech

insptech. ..........your a buzz kill
Old 04-18-2006, 01:03 AM
Registered

A buddy of mine e-mailed this to me and I thought I would pass it along. I think it might work if we all stuck together
Yes you are wright, but the big problem about it is that most of the people have their habits, their credit card with a certain Company and sometime those Company's gives you(or should I say lend you) some kind of candy. And as soon as you take it they take it back. Unfortunately there is a lot of people that get lure with this kind of stuff. And there goes the if we all stuck together
Old 04-18-2006, 04:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im from Denmark, love V8 on the water, Gasprices this morning 6.8 USD gallon. Whats your problem
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Re: Gas War!! How To Beat Them!

Originally Posted by fbh-velocity
Im from Denmark, love V8 on the water, Gasprices this morning 6.8 USD gallon. Whats your problem
Oh, I guess we should be happy then! I hate that comparism! 3 years ago it was a 1.39 and now look at it. If as many people stood up against gas price gouging like the illegals have on immigration maybe somthing would change. I dont believe any of there reasoning when you look at their profit numbers! It is all based on fear of what if... What if Iran, summer blend, big storm , summer blend, WE are gettin the shaft!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

My question is: How do we make ourselves heard? I am so sick of this whole gas - oil dependency crap. Why are we not pushing E85? This is a completely renewable resource! We can grow stuff, like nowhere else in the world. Lets start growing, putting our own people to work and tell the Arabs what they can do with all their oil!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:11 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Shoot the greedy bastards that are causing the problem.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Price, price, price, no one is willing to pay up for E85 which has 72% of the eneregy of gas, yet costs more per gallon right now. We would also have to convert every green (or yellow) thing in this country into ethanol to make enough to replace oil.

Last edited by Pismo10; 04-18-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

This has been going around for a long time. Every timne the price of crude soars, this e-mail goes around. I dont think it will do anything. For the record, I havent bought ANY gas from Exxon or Mobil for as long as I can remember. Screw 'em.

Quick Reply: Gas War!! How To Beat Them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.