Notices

KPM Pump?

Old 05-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default KPM Pump?

Just fired the 509's up and starboard water pump has a problem. It is the old style merc with a metal back plate that Teague uses. Water was leaking out near the back plate under garden hose pressure. Would not pump. I think I left water there during winterization. Drained block and filled with antifreeze.....Anyway I've got a single stage KPM pump, the first generation, bought a year ago. Yes it is one that they left out the "O" ring and rigged up with silicone. And it is the one that the pulley shaft is keyed with allen screws holding the whatever that the pulley bolts to. Is there anyone out there who would use the pump? I talked to Jules and Dan numerous times. They claimed the new generation pumps were in the mail. Just part of the excellent service that is KPM. After 8 months, I know what to expect from KPM. Should I make jewelry out of the KPM's or use them? Eric
Old 05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: KPM Pump?

I have not heard one good thing about those old pumps. I would be worried about using them.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric,
I have a pump your welcome to... I think its the merc style, its still at Dean Gellners Place. I went with new Hardin Marine units. Let me Know if you want it. I will get Dean to send it to you.
Jeff
Old 05-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Just fired the 509's up and starboard water pump has a problem. It is the old style merc with a metal back plate that Teague uses. Water was leaking out near the back plate under garden hose pressure. Would not pump. I think I left water there during winterization. Drained block and filled with antifreeze.....Anyway I've got a single stage KPM pump, the first generation, bought a year ago. Yes it is one that they left out the "O" ring and rigged up with silicone. And it is the one that the pulley shaft is keyed with allen screws holding the whatever that the pulley bolts to. Is there anyone out there who would use the pump? I talked to Jules and Dan numerous times. They claimed the new generation pumps were in the mail. Just part of the excellent service that is KPM. After 8 months, I know what to expect from KPM. Should I make jewelry out of the KPM's or use them? Eric
Eric....send the old style pump to me and I'll see that it's rebuilt to new specs and back to you within two weeks.

Last edited by TRICK; 05-06-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OK Fred..on the KPM'S ..is the low port the inlet ?? nothing is marked ??
Old 05-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Registered

I know the feeling, I was supposed to test their pump and report my results. Unfortunately my KPM pump is missing several parts. Jules promised me a new complete pump to test a few months ago, but nothing yet. Good thing my original (non KPM) pump works just fine.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Fred, thanks for the help. Jeff, sure appreciate the help, I will need for the poker run. Will the rebuilt pumps flow as well as the Mercs? Anyone out there happy with the KPM?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Anyone out there happy with the KPM?
Call Gary Teague at GT Performance or Sterling they both have substantial experience with KPM multi stage pumps.

Ask them for a candid opinion.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zt260
I know the feeling, I was supposed to test their pump and report my results. Unfortunately my KPM pump is missing several parts. Jules promised me a new complete pump to test a few months ago, but nothing yet. Good thing my original (non KPM) pump works just fine.
I'll keep trying........
Old 05-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Fred,
I purchased a pump from you way back in the begining. Last year sometime...?. wondering if it is a problem pump??? Can I send it back to you if it is??

Thanks
Dick

Quick Reply: KPM Pump?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.