cmi's for 496 >

cmi's for 496

Notices

cmi's for 496

Old 05-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cmi's for 496

I've recnetly been doing some research on adding cmi's to 496's. From the information i've received thus far I can gather that currently the cmi's will not work with any type of corsa or other switchable exhaust with the exception of Cmi's own version or using a closeable tip off the transom. My question is that what is the big difference from the standard risers. From pics. I've seen it looks like the risers are connected to the switchable exhasts with a 4 inch diam. rubber hose. Why cant that hose be used to span the gap between Cmi's and switchable exhaust. The Cmi's come with straight tailpipes. But why couldn't you simply use another 4 inch hose and cut it to fit the distance? IS there something I'm missing on this?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cmi's for 496

Originally Posted by munson
I've recnetly been doing some research on adding cmi's to 496's. From the information i've received thus far I can gather that currently the cmi's will not work with any type of corsa or other switchable exhaust with the exception of Cmi's own version or using a closeable tip off the transom. My question is that what is the big difference from the standard risers. From pics. I've seen it looks like the risers are connected to the switchable exhasts with a 4 inch diam. rubber hose. Why cant that hose be used to span the gap between Cmi's and switchable exhaust. The Cmi's come with straight tailpipes. But why couldn't you simply use another 4 inch hose and cut it to fit the distance? IS there something I'm missing on this?
The Corsa compatable system will be released shortly. I have four members of OSO testing the installation next week. Once the feedback is received, we'll be good to go.

To answer your question on the CMI system vs the Corsa system, the CMI is not connected to the header with exhaust hose. It's connected with a flange, gasket and clamp.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

I appreciate the response. I'll be looking in the next couple of weeks then to see when they are released but I'm still a little unclear. Can the Cmi headers be connected to any switchable exhaust system with an exhaust hose or not? I mean if I wanted to simply buy the headers what prevents me from simply connecting to the corsa with the exhast hose and some clamps? Sorry for the silly question but it seems very simple to me if I were not concerned about looks what exactly prevents this type of connection? Are the openings of the headers a different size or something?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate the response. I'll be looking in the next couple of weeks then to see when they are released but I'm still a little unclear. Can the Cmi headers be connected to any switchable exhaust system with an exhaust hose or not? No. CMI headers have a flange for joining a tailpipe. It's a rather rigid connection. The shape of the flange prevents you from sliding exhaust hose onto the header. I've attached a photo of a header so you can see the shape.

I mean if I wanted to simply buy the headers what prevents me from simply connecting to the corsa with the exhast hose and some clamps? Sorry for the silly question but it seems very simple to me if I were not concerned about looks what exactly prevents this type of connection? Are the openings of the headers a different size or something?

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Registered

Gottcha,
I see what you're talking of. Guess I'll be waiting till the release with others as well i'm sure.
Keep us posted.