Notices

Frank or Mark...

Old 05-23-2006, 07:45 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Frank or Mark...

Has there been anymore discussion regarding the outing to Withrop Harbor Yauht club for July 29th? They really want to get some performance boats to come and join in the activities for the evening. They have a barbacue and band planned for that night. Everyone can sit outside by the fire pit and watch the boats running on the lake or stars in the evening.

Let me know if we can get a few boats to come up here for this. They are willing to talk with the harbor master to help in getting slips for those that want to stay the night. For those that do not want to sleep on there boat there is a hotel just down the road with free shuttle service. Room rates are reasonable.

Rick
847-874-2035
Old 05-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Frank or Mark...

Hey Rick,
What is going on the 29th?
Dan
Old 05-23-2006, 10:57 AM
rv
Registered

Dan,
We belong to the Withrop Harbor Yacht club. There are 6 performance boats in the club and some of the members think it is pretty cool. We are trying to increase interest with other members of the club (a little PR for us noisy fast boats). They have shown interest and support for us and would like to invite other performance boaters for a fun run that would end up at the Yacht club. The club is very nice with great indoor and outdoor features. The inside features include bar, pool table, tables area, fireplace and dance area plus great window views of lake. The outside features are fire pit for sitting around with a beer and marsh mellows, great views of lake and shoreline from pit area, grills and covered table area.

I was thinking if we could get some boats together (kind of link you and I did the very first time) and meet at someplace for lunch and then run to Withrop Harbor for the evening activities. They are planning a cookout on the grills and plan on bringing a band in for entertainment.

I think they would get a kick out of all of us running up to the harbor in a big group and parade by the club house in route to our slips in the marina. Maybe we could meet at Waukegan for lunch and then leave there for Withrop.

We are also going to try to get some members from the Northern Ill Offshore club together too.

What do you think???

The date is 7/29.

Rick
Old 05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey I think I have that date free on th BZ world Boating tour.......BZ
Old 05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick, that sounds like fun.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Registered

That sounds great!!!

We need to put it on our schedule.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Registered

That sounds fun. I will need a relaxing weekend after the Poker Run. Waukegan has been a pain to deal with this year for runs. They are wanting to charge just to raft off the wall. You would think they would appreciate the business we would be bringing them. Maybe we could use Racine again or better yet run up to one of the Milwaukee Brewery's for lunch. Is there enough docking up in Milwaukee to handle a large group?
Dan
Old 05-24-2006, 07:17 AM
rv
Registered

Sounds like there is some interest, great.

I didn't know you have been having trouble at Waukegan. That seems business wize stupid!

We can run North if you like. Racine does have that nice long dock to tie to and everybody can easily raft off of each other. The resturant we ate at for our very first run is closed (they closed last year). There are two options for food, a hot dog/brat/hamburger stand is next to the boat ramp or the Chancelory which is about a 1 block walk. That is a regular type resturant.

The Milwaukee run maybe a little too much for some of the Chicago boys after the poker run weekend. That would be a 120mile run from Chicago to Milw to Withrop.

If you can get me some idea of the head count and boat count that would be coming from your end I will do the same from this side. Once I know that I can get some more info on the cost for the cookout. Our yaucht club is reasonable about those types of things. I will also see about slips. I would like to see about getting a place for everyone to tie up in the main harbor. That way all you guys can stay away from the boat ramp area at Withrop Harbor (noise police). They don't bother you in the main harbor because you turn into that area before you get to the ramp area where they sit and watch.

Dan and Mark can you send me your phone number so we can talk some more or give me a call 847-502-2399.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

Mark
708/207-6555
Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Rick,
As long as Vicki isn't on call that weekend we would be up for the trip. We would be trailering to NP.
Dan
708-218-1566