Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power >

Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Notices

Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Old 06-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

I started a post last year we were getting involved in the most extensive turbo research program to date in our shop. I can tell you I've seen many turbo engines in the past year every were and nothing compares to what we've done we have 220 hours of dyno time alone in the mapping of the fuel and ignition system in the engine alone. We've tested 18 different cams three different ecu units just to name a few things we've been working on . Last night we made with 15 psi 1440hp at 6800rpm and 1200ft lbs we did a static pull at 6800 rpm for 10 minutes and set the fuel curve by bsfc egt and o2 sensor and found 122hp over our sweep pulls by bringing the fuel ratio from 12.9 to 11.5 I know you're thinking it's rich and it is a bit but the power doesn't lie if it makes power it's got to be good . These engines are going to be taken apart next week for inspection of bearings and sealing surfaces and then put back together for testing with race fuel we're we expect to make over 2200hp the engines have had valve springs replaced one time at 100hours and we pulled the valve covers off last night after we blew the charge hose off one side and the engine looks like it hasn't run five minutes. The cylinder sealing system we're using the development has come from formula 1 technology and the engines do not use any intake exhaust or head gaskets the only gasket in the engines is a pan gasket and a rear seal that's it. I hope you guys enjoy the pics and I also have a video of a pull when we blew the charge hose and you can really hear the turbos going. Sincerely Laz Mesa
P.S. these engines are already available for production and come in several power and size configurations.
Attached Thumbnails Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1005.jpg   Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1006.jpg   Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1008.jpg  

Old 06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Sounds Like your research is going well.

Cougarman
Old 06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

In the pics you can see the O2 sensors we're using directly tie into the computer for tuning and using two different O2 units one on the right bank and one on the left for repeatability and assurance while tunning the boost controller we're using we're helping with the feature development the boost controller is tied into the ecu and one controller controls both engines at the same time by fuel press and boost press it's the neatest set up I've used in the 15 years we've been building and racing turbo engines.
Attached Thumbnails Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1008.jpg   Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1009.jpg   Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1010.jpg  

Old 06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

The best boost controller I've ever used
Attached Thumbnails Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1013.jpg  
Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good Laz! Bolt that monster into the Camaro!

BTW its Eddy (turbo pickup)
Old 06-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

10 minutesat wfo at 6800-SWEET!!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laz, you are an engine GOD bro!
Where is the Vid?
This I have to SEE!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Rumor has it .... Gorilla Glue ????

O rings ?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
Rumor has it .... Gorilla Glue ????

O rings ?
3m weather strip adhesive. No hear is a pic of what it actually looks like this is a nitrogen filled ring that is installed similar to an oring on the deck but it works with temperature and press. The high the temp the more it expands and tighter the seal it's original design is for sealing solid fuel rocket engines compression chambers . Sincerely Laz
P.S. We pulled the heads on Friday and they looked like they had never been installed on the engine and run.
Attached Thumbnails Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-hpim1014.jpg  
Old 06-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet you can pick those up right down the street at the CarQuest, right?

Nice work Laz. It amazes me what guys like you can do with engines.

Quick Reply: Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.