Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Anyone have a good contact at the DNR in Sprinfield? >

Anyone have a good contact at the DNR in Sprinfield?

Notices

Anyone have a good contact at the DNR in Sprinfield?

Old 06-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default Anyone have a good contact at the DNR in Sprinfield?

I'm frustrated with them! Very long story short i'm waiting for a title and registration for a boat and its been MONTHS!!! One thing after another with these guys and still no title....the boats been sold and buyer is getting impatient with it....help!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:25 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone have a good contact at the DNR in Sprinfield?

Wally,
That is normal for Ill DNR. We applied in Aug of 05 and received in April of 06.

Rick
Old 06-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I feel your pain. I went through the same thing. It was about six months to get a copy of my title. The phione numbers they list are always busy. I must have tried 50 times to call.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

My headache is getting bigger by the day with them....i got the title long time back but lost it....so i applied for a duplicate.....come to find out that they "suspended or revoked" it due to a scewup on the currency exchanges part and not paying tax's on it!!! how that can happen and they issue a title is beyond me. Needless to say i resend the copy of the MSO i had (THANK GOD!) and sent in the paperwork again....weeks and weeks go by and i get it back minus the money saying i filled out the paperwork wrong! WHAT! so i redo it again and send it off....now this was all back in like jan/Feb or so i think...anyway i keep calling and like you said its always busy or i get a recording telling me to call back later I finally get through to a lady and all she does is look on the computer to see if its filed.....she says she don't see it and to wait another 4-6 weeks!!! WTF!?! also goes to tell me they have a compute down etc etc...and they are backed up etc etc...this does me NO GOOD! customer is getting upset with me....i'm all-ready stressed out about it worrying about getting the paperwork to the guy....whats up with these guys? hire some more people or something....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Wally its Big Andy. Give me a call and I may be able to help you. I live in Springfield and it seems as if everyone works for the government here. I do know a couple of people that work for the DNR. My cell is 217-306-3491

Say Thank-You to Governor Rod Blagoajkljfkl; for the statewide government hiring FREEZE! If I have to I'll be more than happy to go down there to the DNR building personally and get in touch with a real person that has authority. I can also can a direct line or an extension number for you. Its only a couple of miles from the house on the state fairgrounds.

Last edited by BattleCry; 06-15-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wally

I got the name of the woman that is the supervisor for that department. I'll call you or you call me in the afternoon on tuesday the 20th.

Andy