Mocal Oil Thermostat >

Mocal Oil Thermostat

Notices

Mocal Oil Thermostat

Old 06-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mocal Oil Thermostat

I just got my Mocal Sandwich Plate Adapter Oil T-Stat. I went with the sandwich adapter to avoid 6 extra fittings and about 7 extra feet of hose for the remote filter. Should really decrease flow resistance.

http://64.202.180.37/files/sp1t.pdf

I have the SP1CT pictured at the top of PDF doc. In examining it appears that the internal passages are not very large. It could be cleaned up with a die grinder, essentially ported out to increase flow and smooth some of the radius. On the last page of the link above it appears that they have a unit that has already been "ported".

Anyone using either of these?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mocal Oil Thermostat

Tell me how you like it after you install it. I was going to order the same thing
Old 06-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am concerned changing the filter will be a *****. The increased flow by eliminating the remote filter, extra fittings and adapters and hose will greatly drop the flow resistance. I am calling Mocal Monday to see what filters will bolt directly to the high flow T-Stat. I suspect I will end up with a smaller diameter but that would be OK if K&N makes one.

It may be awhile until I get it installed as my shorter timing chain is on back order and the block is still at the machine shop.

Tim T.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

No problem, maybe someone else will
Old 06-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed one of the SP1CT and next time I will go the HF version. Not worth shipping to sned this one back and exchange. I did pull the SP1CT apart and clean up the ports to help with flow. They could use some QC in that area. These have 160 degree stats so keep that in mind.

Just got it installed and only ran 1 weekend so far. Works fine and helps keep oil at 160 minimum. Changing filters is tight but that just depends on the boat. I guess you could run a remote filter but kind of kills the extra fittings thinkings.

Andy
Old 06-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Why would you use the other version? Do you have any pictures.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vandeano
Why would you use the other version? Do you have any pictures.
I would use the HF model as it is slightly bigger and I would think has larger porting and it will accept a slightly larger filter. Check the link in first post it has demisions of both.

In my application it is not a big deal as I use stock oil pumps and set up my clearances so I do not have a lot of oil by-passing the bearings.

Sorry I did not take any pictures when I had mine apart. Took maybe 30 minutes to pull my SP1CT apart and clean up the ports with a die grinder - clean everything and reassemble. I could not stand to just bolt it on without doing this but heck I take everything apart it seems.

Ether one will work and are a fine piece I believe if they will fit your application. Remember 160 degree stat. I personally will use the HF next time is all. I think it would be worth the extra few dollars JMHO.

I am happy with SP1CT so far. I am going to see about a 180 degree stat though.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Registered

Yea 160 seems a little low. Look at this site I posted...it has 180 degrees

After your on the site go to the left had colum and scroll down about half way and click on Mocal

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/
Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I know it's an old thread, but have the prices gone up on these things? BadDog thinks he remembers only paying around $80 for the SP1CT, but now it lists for $189! Can anyone else remember what they paid for these?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

This is what I have. I bored out all of my fittings, put a radius on all sharp corners and and cleaned up all the casting flash and marks. ALso I am not running hose barbs, I have -AN fittings.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...ductId=1032937

You are going to run temperature gauges?

Quick Reply: Mocal Oil Thermostat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.