Notices

Help

Old 06-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Help

After Putting A Roller Cam In My Mark Iv Block And Testing. I Reset My Rocker Arms To Zero Lash And Half A Turn And Locked Them In By Turning The Allen Screw Till It Would Not Turn Anymore Then I Turned The Nut And Allen Screw Another .25 Turn. On A Water Test She Ran Fine For Twenty Minutes Then I Lost Power. I Pulled The Valve Covers To Find Two Rocker Arms Came Loose. Is There A Better Way To Lock The Roller Rockers In Or Is Something Else Wrong That Is Causing This. Thanks In Advance Patrick
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
After Putting A Roller Cam In My Mark Iv Block And Testing. I Reset My Rocker Arms To Zero Lash And Half A Turn And Locked Them In By Turning The Allen Screw Till It Would Not Turn Anymore Then I Turned The Nut And Allen Screw Another .25 Turn. On A Water Test She Ran Fine For Twenty Minutes Then I Lost Power. I Pulled The Valve Covers To Find Two Rocker Arms Came Loose. Is There A Better Way To Lock The Roller Rockers In Or Is Something Else Wrong That Is Causing This. Thanks In Advance Patrick
When tightening them, hold the Allen screw still whilst tightening the nut. 1/2 turn after the pushrod stops turning is plenty for preload. Is that what the cam people recommend?

If it happens again, try some blue locktite, it should not be necessary though.

Last edited by Wobble; 06-29-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered

That Is Basically What I Did. All The Others Are Tight And No Push Rods Are Bent. This Was Recommended By Marine Power Who Is Where All The Cam,heads And Exhaust Came From. Wobble Will You Be Around Clear Lake For The 4th. I Was Thinking If T We Could Get Some Members To Raft Up For The Fireworks.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Do lash like normal, 1/2 turn on nut is fine. Hold nut with open end very tightly and use high quality allen wrench to lock down the allen screw with some force.

That's it. Don't move adj nut once done, you'll probably loosen the allen screw.

================
The aleen screw locks it down by pushing against the stop of the stud and creating inteference by the allen screw's threads and the threads of the nut. In other words, Since the stud and nut will be stationary when setting the screw, you'll cause inteference by turning it down and creating holding pressure to the other two items.

Gosh, tough to type words sometimes.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

My post above is backwards. my bad. Thinking about something else . The procedure that SB wrote is correct. Nut stays still, allen is tight-end.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Wobble Will You Be Around Clear Lake For The 4th. I Was Thinking If T We Could Get Some Members To Raft Up For The Fireworks.
I might make the run, I see it's going to be a half moon. It depends on how my 4 year old is behaving Cant go to see the fireworks without the whole family.

Will be on the river Sat and Sunday for sure.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
I might make the run, I see it's going to be a half moon. It depends on how my 4 year old is behaving Cant go to see the fireworks without the whole family.

Will be on the river Sat and Sunday for sure.
I AM TRYING TO GET THIS SH#T DONE FRIDAY AND BACK ON THE WATER SUNDAY. GOOD NEWS IS I DID GAIN 6 MPH WITH THE MODS. I HAVE NOT PUT MY HYDROMOTIVE ON SO ONCE I CAN RUN A LITTLE LONGER THAN 20 MINS I HOPE TO SEE 68 TO 70. I SAW 65 YESTERDAY WITH NO TRIM 60 GALLONS OF FUEL AND 3 200LBS GUYS.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Do lash like normal, 1/2 turn on nut is fine. Hold nut with open end very tightly and use high quality allen wrench to lock down the allen screw with some force.

That's it. Don't move adj nut once done, you'll probably loosen the allen screw.

================
The aleen screw locks it down by pushing against the stop of the stud and creating inteference by the allen screw's threads and the threads of the nut. In other words, Since the stud and nut will be stationary when setting the screw, you'll cause inteference by turning it down and creating holding pressure to the other two items.

Gosh, tough to type words sometimes.
THANKS I GIVE THAT A SHOT. I WAS TOLD THAT ONCE TH ALLEN WAS TIGHT TO TURN BOTH AND THAT WILL LOCK IT IN BETTER. I'LL TRY THIS WAY.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:56 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

I AM TRYING TO GET THIS SH#T DONE FRIDAY AND BACK ON THE WATER SUNDAY. GOOD NEWS IS I DID GAIN 6 MPH WITH THE MODS. I HAVE NOT PUT MY HYDROMOTIVE ON SO ONCE I CAN RUN A LITTLE LONGER THAN 20 MINS I HOPE TO SEE 68 TO 70. I SAW 65 YESTERDAY WITH NO TRIM 60 GALLONS OF FUEL AND 3 200LBS GUYS.
congrats on the speed increase

3 200LBS GUYS.
Sausage party
Old 06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
congrats on the speed increase

Sausage party
I PROMISED SOME INSTALLERS THAT WORK FOR ME A RIDE FOR SOME WORK THEY DID WHEN I GOT DONE. I NEVER SAID IT WOULD BE A ROUND TRIP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.