Notices

"Running Hot" gets burned

Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Running Hot" gets burned

One of Chicago's greats.

Quoted from the active thunder thread:

"Last night my parents business caught on fire and my Active Thunder was inside."
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails "Running Hot" gets burned-runnin-hot-0055.jpg   "Running Hot" gets burned-runnin-hot-0077.jpg   "Running Hot" gets burned-runnin-hot-0088.jpg  

Last edited by MarkSmith; 07-05-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Registered

Default Re: "Running Hot" gets burned

That's sad! I always loved that boat. Loud paint and even louder engines.
Dan
Old 07-03-2006, 02:14 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a shame. I always liked that boat too. Where did this happen? I knew the previous owner, and the "azzhole" original owner that he bought it from. Bob Harris.
It sold 2 years ago cause everytime the last owner took it out, it came back with something broken or on one engine.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

What a mess. That's to bad.

Has that boat been out much lately? I've never seen or heard of it.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running Hot was built at the same time as my 1st 32 Thunder. This was an excellent rough water boat. For the original owner that would be " Fat Ass Bobby Harris".
Old 07-03-2006, 11:05 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

When "azzhole Harris sold that boat about 5-6 years ago, he sold it to a friend of one of my work partners son. He dropped it off at Burnham harbor on the trailer in the beginning of december and told the buyer that he was running late to catch a flight at the airport, so he could'nt go for the sea trial. When the new owner backed the boat into the water, he found one engine that was blown, I mean severe rod knock, and the other one had a blown tranny. Unfortunately Harris asked for the buyer to bring "cash" to the harbor for the transaction since he was going to Fla to purchase another boat. So the new buyer did as Harris wanted. Harris said that he would write up a receipt for the boat when he gets back in a few days
since he was about to miss his flight..

The new owner tried taking Harris to court to sue him, but because Harris never gave him a receipt for the cash payment of the boat, the judge said that he did'nt have a case against Harris.

So the new owner had to totally rebuild both engines and trannys before he ever got to use the boat.

The story gets even better, but I'm gonna end it here. The stelling headers and tail pipes that were on Harris's boat, were stolen from ME !!! When I had all my parts stored at Active Thunders factory that at the time Bob Oetringer owned, my boat was in the beginning stages of splashing the mold. I was building engines, buying trannys, SSM III's drives, etc, etc, etc, basically I was rounding up all the parts that I was gonna need to rig the boat once it was ready.
I had a new set of Stelling headers and tail pipes in the boxes just waiting for when I was gonna need them. Harris burned up the Stellings that was on his boat and they leaked terriblly. Bob O, let Harris take my headers out of the boxes to put on his boat for some kind of an event that he wanted to show off the boat. Harris put the leaking, burned up headers back into my boxes. I never realized he did that till after Bob O went BK and I was trying to retrieve all my parts. (which I NEVER seen again) I did get the headers cause they were "JUNK" Magnum Mark went up there to pick them up cause I was selling them to him at the time, and that's when he showed me that they were junk. Later, several years later, when Bob O surfaced in Fla, I was able to contact him, and that's when he told me the whole story why Harris took my headers. Bob O said that he'd get em replaced for me, but, yeah right, that was about as far as it got.

All in all, one day, somewhere on the water, I'm gonna run into Harris. That day will be the "payback" day. And it "will" be ugly.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 07-03-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Geez frank, that sounds like materieal for a movie.
So now Mark #2 owns the boat?
Funny how the name seems to fit a lot of the story of that boat..
I am sorry Mark.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Not my boat. Just stole the pics from Active Thunder thread.

There goes Mark #3 starting trouble with Mark #2 and Mark #1 is not defending me. So I will call Magnum Mark to help me. BTW Mark Mayr just signed up for the poker run and Mark Miller is officially one of the sponsors from Grand Sport.

Mark #2
Old 07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Registered

WOW Frank that sucks! I would like to see what happens to Harris on D day!

And to think they say there are alot of crooks associated with offshore powerboating?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Not my boat. Just stole the pics from Active Thunder thread.

There goes Mark #3 starting trouble with Mark #2 and Mark #1 is not defending me. So I will call Magnum Mark to help me. BTW Mark Mayr just signed up for the poker run and Mark Miller is officially one of the sponsors from Grand Sport.

Mark #2
I don't need a number. Most people will see me.

Mark, not starting trouble. I didn't realize you were quoting some one else. I thought maybe you had an AT sitting in the barn as a backup.

Quick Reply: "Running Hot" gets burned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.