Marine Liubrication  - The SHORT VERSION >

Marine Liubrication - The SHORT VERSION

Notices

Marine Liubrication - The SHORT VERSION

Old 07-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marine Liubrication - The SHORT VERSION

Guys, WOW, I am amazed at the depth of knowledge on oils, but I need the cliff notes version so I cen give these motors every chance I can. I am putting them in the boat for the THIRD time, so I am sweating the load and after screwing with this so much I have not had time to get the PhD in oil some guys here obviously have.... So stick your neck out and give me specific direction..... THANKS....

454's mild roller cam, dart cast heads - each motor ran about 2 hours on dyno with a non-synthetic oil, Penzoil I think, oil was changed twice already....

My objective is get the motors in the boat, run them on the hose till they get up to temp, and change oil one more time... I am using fram "off the shelf" filters and have changed them each time oil was changed....

Now, what oil and filter do I use for the next step, how long before I put synthetic in, and which is a better oil to use.

Assume I will give the motors a while to break in, but after a week or so will run 1000 rpm 10% of the time, 3500 rpm 60% of the time, and 5500 rpm 30% of the time.....

It sounds like run Penzoil for a few more hours, then move over to Mobil-1 20W-50 V-Twin and a Wix filter.....

Am I on track??? THANKS!!!!

Thanks again...