Notices

chad hill ?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chad hill ?

somebody said chad hill may sell a S.S. gimbal hing if so how do i contact ?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Registered

Default Re: chad hill ?

Chad Hill
chadhill44 @ hotmail.com (remove spaces)
949-246-0472
Old 07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Pm me with your phone number,I bought one and it had "issues" and chose not to run it,I'd like to fill you in before spending ANY money,Smitty
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

please fill me in, [email protected]

thanks,

Eddie
P5-68 eZanga.com
Old 07-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Angry Re: chad hill ?

Originally Posted by fastedy
please fill me in, [email protected]

thanks,

Eddie
P5-68 eZanga.com
Pure and simple,they don't fit. The swivel holes were too tight,would need to be re-bored and fitted with merc bushings,bottom swivel same way,needed to be re-bored .100 bigger and fitted with merc bshg. Ram cross pin,same way,hole too small. I quit at that point,have since seen the 2 ears on bottom were a 1/8 to 3/16 inch from even touching the outdrive pads (where its CRITICAL to have support when turning). Bought mine on E-bay for 595$ plus s/h,sold it for 365$ with understanding it was "as-is" and would require re-machining,drilling,welding,grinding etc. Chad hill won't address these issues once you buy it,another guy who made the mistake of buying one when I did (and the mistake of leaving positive feedback before seeing how awful it fit ,like I did) said after he bored out all the tight hioles and rebushed them the square hole in top for upper pin was 1' off center from bottom hole. The length isn't right either,when you shim gimbal on bottom and tighten up nut on top to get endplay down there is some kind of problem where they require extra shims to even work if it happens to lign up. The sides also are too wide and require thicker shims were gimbal ring to bellhousing swivel pins go. Its really a piece of junk,the aZZhole Chad Hill is selling them with no concsience KNOWING they will not fit without serious machining and work. Never answered my e-mails or phone calls,bronson-hill bought out hill props I guess and when you call there they make it VERY clear they have no connection to this guy anymore. What I really suspect is they had a batch of these made offshore or in a thirdworld country with poor quality control and must have had a minimum order of 20 or 50 or something and are out of business just selling them out of there storage unit screwing everyone over until they can get rid of them and recoup there cost . Avoid anything that has CHAD HILLS name on it like the plague. On the "other" boat site 2 different people have installed these,both said it took 10 plus hours each of work just to make them fit at all but I didn't see any mention of the ears that support drive when trimmed being so loose,maybe everyone of them has a different set of flaws,Smitty
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Pure and simple,they don't fit. The swivel holes were too tight,would need to be re-bored and fitted with merc bushings,bottom swivel same way,needed to be re-bored .100 bigger and fitted with merc bshg. Ram cross pin,same way,hole too small. I quit at that point,have since seen the 2 ears on bottom were a 1/8 to 3/16 inch from even touching the outdrive pads (where its CRITICAL to have support when turning). Bought mine on E-bay for 595$ plus s/h,sold it for 365$ with understanding it was "as-is" and would require re-machining,drilling,welding,grinding etc. Chad hill won't address these issues once you buy it,another guy who made the mistake of buying one when I did (and the mistake of leaving positive feedback before seeing how awful it fit ,like I did) said after he bored out all the tight hioles and rebushed them the square hole in top for upper pin was 1' off center from bottom hole. The length isn't right either,when you shim gimbal on bottom and tighten up nut on top to get endplay down there is some kind of problem where they require extra shims to even work if it happens to lign up. The sides also are too wide and require thicker shims were gimbal ring to bellhousing swivel pins go. Its really a piece of junk,the aZZhole Chad Hill is selling them with no concsience KNOWING they will not fit without serious machining and work. Never answered my e-mails or phone calls,bronson-hill bought out hill props I guess and when you call there they make it VERY clear they have no connection to this guy anymore. What I really suspect is they had a batch of these made offshore or in a thirdworld country with poor quality control and must have had a minimum order of 20 or 50 or something and are out of business just selling them out of there storage unit screwing everyone over until they can get rid of them and recoup there cost . Avoid anything that has CHAD HILLS name on it like the plague. On the "other" boat site 2 different people have installed these,both said it took 10 plus hours each of work just to make them fit at all but I didn't see any mention of the ears that support drive when trimmed being so loose,maybe everyone of them has a different set of flaws,Smitty

Great advise, sorry to hear the lost $$, Im glad to see this posted and not kept private.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thank you very much for your incite, you saved me a lot of time and maybe a race, sorry you had so much trouble.

Eddie
Old 07-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered

really glad I didn't buy a pair.

Thanks for the heads-up.