ATTN Service writers >

ATTN Service writers

Notices

ATTN Service writers

Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATTN Service writers

I have a couple questions for technicians turned service writers. My name is Andrew and for years i was turning wrenches doing basic mechanical work. I am now in more of a Service writer / service manager position and would like to knoe if there are any good courses out there that would help me learn this role a little better. My employer is great to work with and will pay for education but i would like to hear from some others in this feild. Was there any specific school or classes you took for this? I am looking at some night courses but most are automotive....just wondering whats out there.....Any input would be appreaciated.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ATTN Service writers

ASE has a service writer test i took it was easy i am a service manager and a ase master tech not many courses out there to help you just seat time behind the desk thats my 2 cents
Ty
and good luck
Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car manufacturers have really good courses that deal with all aspects of warranty, cust service, etc. But you need to work for a dealer to enroll. If you are tight with a dealer you might be able to get in one.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW - a tech guy who understands why service writting is important and looks to hone those skills.... congratulations, you are one of the few...

A service writte is basically a very technically qualifed sales person. As such, look to better sales programs, not the hookey pyramid scheme stuff, but the professional "how to determine what a customer really wants and give it to them" courses.

http://www.nightingale.com has some good stuff for self study.

Dale Carnagie has some too - http://www.dalecarnegie.com/

The really good stuff is expensive, but well worth it, kind of like tools, the good ones cost more but will make you more....

This stuff, WITH THE ASE COURSE, will hurl you along that career path very, very quickly.... this by itself will get you in trouble.....

Hope this helps...