Couger Boat Experience? >

Couger Boat Experience?

Notices

Couger Boat Experience?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couger Boat Experience?

Looking at a Cougar 25 Picklefork in the Pacific northwest. I couldn't find a forum for it and couldn't find anything after searching for information.

From what I can piece together it was a Canadian company that was purchased and moved to KS. Not 100% certain but the little bit of information points this way. Can anyone confirm this?

How are their hulls? Quality? Any issues to look for? This is a 25' built in 1991 with a 568 stroker. I'll be viewing the boat soon but am not sure what steering or drives are on the boat. Engine is reported to dyno at 702hp, I can verify the engine condition but is the hull up to the task?

How do these boats handle medium sized waters? I would like to use the boat on Lake Washington and its often times a bit rough - not ocean ruff but it's a large lake.

If you're familiar with these boats - god, bad, ugly - please let me know your experiences, opinions and anything to lookout for.

Thank you,

Brian
[email protected]
Old 07-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Couger Boat Experience?

Canadian Cougars are awesome boats.......theres lots of them around here........Hot Boat and Powerboat have raved about them for years.......A Cougar won an "Oustanding Workmanship" award from Powerboat a couple of years ago
Old 07-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Couger Boat Experience?

I know they used to be manufactured in Western Canada in the province of British Columbia and city of Kelowna. Couldn't find them there now but found a website www.cougarboats.com and seems they are now in Kansas. A friend of mine has one in a jet configuration (454 LS7) and it's been a great boat. Good luck.