bravo1 question >

bravo1 question

Notices

bravo1 question

Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool bravo1 question

went out last thurs on the boat put it back in the slip everything wasn fine. Tried to go out today and have no fwd or reverse, the cable from the shifter to the linkage is doing its job but the cable from the kinkage into the drive is real stiff no play cant even move by pulling on it while its off the likage, my thoughts are of course there is somthing wrong inside the drive or where the cable hooks to the shift mech. any thoughts of what the cause is and how easy a fix it would be would be greatly appreciated,
Old 07-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Default Re: bravo1 question

Originally Posted by tuffenuff355
went out last thurs on the boat put it back in the slip everything wasn fine. Tried to go out today and have no fwd or reverse, the cable from the shifter to the linkage is doing its job but the cable from the kinkage into the drive is real stiff no play cant even move by pulling on it while its off the likage, my thoughts are of course there is somthing wrong inside the drive or where the cable hooks to the shift mech. any thoughts of what the cause is and how easy a fix it would be would be greatly appreciated,
Had the same problem.... I had to remove the outdrive and reseat the pin that engauges in the shift linkage. Little tricky bud didnt have to pull the outdrive all the way out... just an inch. Then removed the cap on the front of the outdrive and pushed the shifter forward forcing it to engauge and clamp down on the shifter pin on the end of the cable.

Dont know if the terms are all rightt... but hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:30 AM
Registered

more then likely a bad lower shift cable
Old 07-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

thank you bolth for the reply hopfully your input will help me fix it, hasnt been much of a season for me. Its been one thing after the other. nothing major so far but its setting me back on planned trips with freinds.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered

Look behind the engine while it is running and make sure the driveshaft is spinning. If not, blown coupler.

BT
Old 07-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tuffenuff355
thank you bolth for the reply hopfully your input will help me fix it, hasnt been much of a season for me. Its been one thing after the other. nothing major so far but its setting me back on planned trips with freinds.
I would do two things...

1: Can you spin the prop now (with your hand while its off) in both directions? If it only spins one way then I think you are having the same situation I am. If you can spin it freely both ways then it may be the cable.

2: (If you can only spin it one way) Take the rearward cap off (requires you to remove the top cap first I think) and see if the outdrive is in gear.... you can push / pull on the selector to see.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Longrange4u

2: (If you can only spin it one way) Take the rearward cap off (requires you to remove the top cap first I think) and see if the outdrive is in gear.... you can push / pull on the selector to see.

Might be a good Idea to drain the drive first .............
Old 08-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
Might be a good Idea to drain the drive first .............
Yea.... I just put a catch pan under the drive last time... it would be easier to drain it first
Old 08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

thanks again for your replys, just got back from the marina mechanic says its a blown coupler, another set back but will soon be back in the water.