Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
IMCO Thumper vs Revolution Marine vs Kodiak vs ??? >

IMCO Thumper vs Revolution Marine vs Kodiak vs ???

Notices

IMCO Thumper vs Revolution Marine vs Kodiak vs ???

Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default IMCO Thumper vs Revolution Marine vs Kodiak vs ???

How much difference can there really be between all the cast aluminum manifolds with SHORT ALUMINUM risers? They all have induvidual runners going into similar risers.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IMCO Thumper vs Revolution Marine vs Kodiak vs ???

All i can say is we are the only comp. with dyno data to back up our product.Go to our site and check it out. www.revolutionmarine.com
Terry/GM/Rev Mar Inc.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered

Terry,

i am getting ready to order a set of exhaust from you, but i have a question.
What other brackets do i need for a 502MPI? it is fuel injected and i am a boat noob.

thanks

Shawn
Old 10-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Registered

I chose Stainless Marine after VERY carefull cosideration of all the manufactureres you are looking at as well as some others. I looked mainly at the ability of the exhaust to flow not only through the manifold but what the elbows looked like. Although the price was attractive with the RM units, short of KE and CMI the Stainless Marine units looked the best to me and have worked excellent for three years now and well over 150 hrs. I have now been running them with an 800-850 HP blower engine all this seaon, still happy! I'm glad I spent the bucks on the front end and am still happy going into 4 years.

Last edited by ghittner; 10-22-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ghittner
I chose Stainless Marine after VERY carefull cosideration of all the manufactureres you are looking at as well as some others. I looked mainly at the ability of the exhaust to flow not only through the manifold but what the elbows looked like. Although the price was attractive with the RM units, short of KE and CMI the Stainless Marine units looked the best to me and have worked excellent for three years now and well over 150 hrs. I have now been running them with an 800-850 HP blower engine all this seaon, still happy! I'm glad I spent the bucks on the front end and am still happy going into 4 years.
I totally agree. The RM units have an attractive price. But, once you add in the assorted brackets needed, it wasn't a big jump to the Stainless Marine manifolds WITH stainless risers. I bought mine from Fred at Trick Marine for (2)502 MPI's. I spent a little more, but got more. I think Stainless Marine was the best bang for the buck.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:49 PM
GNJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought 2 pair of the RM manifolds and brackets. The design and the price of the manifolds looked attractive. My motors too were stock Gen 6 502 MPI's, but I have changed cams and the induction system. I am in the process of reinstalling them back into the boat so I can't tell you yet how they perform. One thing I did experience was that the bracket forthe PS does not have a place for the gearlube bottle to mount like that of the stock bracket. I need to figure that out. When I ordered from them, they only gave me brackets for the PS, ECM and Shift cable mechanism. I did not see one on their website either. So you might want to address this issue with them and post the results.

Gary
Old 10-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Registered

S/M I have owned mine since 1994 still working nice.