Fuel Pump Questions >

Fuel Pump Questions

Notices

Fuel Pump Questions

Old 08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Questions

I have a 21' sutphen with a ford 460 twin turbo in it. Its been a restoration project and today I found the fuel pump to be bad. It had a red holley 110 gph on it. I was just wondering since the 110 is measured in free flow could I buy a blue holley fuel pump(high pressure) and turn the pressure down to 7 psi and still run fine? Im pretty new to the fuel pump/pressure thing so any help is appreciated.
-Nick
Old 08-20-2006, 04:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Pump Questions

What about boost referencing the regulator ?

Some Holley pumps are preset at certain psi's and can't push against the required psi.

Not to mention, the normal blue, red, and black pumps are pretty unreliable, especially with today's fuels.

You need to figure out your hp and what kind of psi's you'll be running, and then find what pump, regulator, lines, fittings, and line routing you'll need to feed that motor.

Beware of free flow ratings !!! This is at no psi ! As psi raises, a pumps gph output will go down....and rather quickly at that.