Notices

Reconditioned Marine Engines

Old 08-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reconditioned Marine Engines

Just curious,
Has anyone done any business with Rapido Marine in Florida.
They do have an interesting web site selling recondioned marine motors for a reasonable price. Called up Marine Engines did a search and their site came up?
Thanks Brian
Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Reconditioned Marine Engines

who ??
Old 08-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

i just bought two new crate moters from 1800runsnew.com, I will let you know how well they warranty their stuff in a week or so.... one went down 2 hours into runtime...

the guys at 1800runsnew.com have been responsive so far, as well as I could ask for....
Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dean51267
i just bought two new crate moters from 1800runsnew.com, I will let you know how well they warranty their stuff in a week or so.... one went down 2 hours into runtime...

the guys at 1800runsnew.com have been responsive so far, as well as I could ask for....

Keep us posted Im curious that outcome. Also, what happen to the engine. Did you fill out the warranty card that came with it? Reason I ask all this is because I bought a crate a couple months ago.

Last edited by vandeano; 08-21-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Boys Toys
Just curious,
Has anyone done any business with Rapido Marine in Florida.
They do have an interesting web site selling recondioned marine motors for a reasonable price. Called up Marine Engines did a search and their site came up?
Thanks Brian
I just bought a 351w reverse rotation Long block from them for my buddy. I ordered it on the 11th of August, told them we needed it here in Vt for the 18th! They built it Monday and shipped the same day. Got it on time and was back in the boat on Sat am. Delivered to our door for $1750.00
Couldn't go wrong for that price.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Registered

so far they have over delivered on everything promised, I can't find an ounce of fault with them. Of course it is still honeymoon stage and so far it has been the easy stuff, now the hard stuff starts. I will keep everyone posted, and I have no reason to doubt them, other than they are in a marine industry, and we all know that means have reason to be skeptical.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

Talk to Raul @ Rapido if you have any questions. I bought to long blocks from him. Similar deal to DrippenwetII...Were delivered in a week and no problems so far.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

called the guys at 1800runsnew, told them an engine went down, of course they said they need to see it, but were responsive, said as soon as I get it on a crate they will pick it up. If it is my fault they will rebuild (my cost of course), if not then they ship a new one and pay install cost. So far so good. They were not trying to shift liability or act squemish, it is a good sign, not the whole picture, but a good sign.

before it goes to them I will kow what is wrong, machinist going over to look at motor tonight.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dean51267
called the guys at 1800runsnew, told them an engine went down, of course they said they need to see it, but were responsive, said as soon as I get it on a crate they will pick it up. If it is my fault they will rebuild (my cost of course), if not then they ship a new one and pay install cost. So far so good. They were not trying to shift liability or act squemish, it is a good sign, not the whole picture, but a good sign.

before it goes to them I will kow what is wrong, machinist going over to look at motor tonight.
dean keep us posted i was looking at a pair of thier 632ci na's a while back. wondering how they do business. thx, rm
Old 08-21-2006, 04:08 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,399 Posts

They are pretty good guys over there (ie: RunsNew in Holliston, MA).

However, dean51267 , with the amt of engines you've gone thru it may be a safe assumption ? at this point that there is a rigging / fuel tank / or bolt on part (that gets swapped from motor to motor) issue ?

Quick Reply: Reconditioned Marine Engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.