Default Brad Penn oils...

http://www.bradpennracing.com/Products/racingoils.html

The good old stuff....
Old 08-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brad Penn oils...

Back, I agree. Tyler Crockett built my engine and I ask what oil he suggested. It was Brad Penn, the old Kendall GT1 Racing Oil. I called the Brad Penn Company and they said the closest dealer to me was in Somerset, KY. I called the number for the wholesaler, told him that I didn't need a pallet, just 3 or 4 cases. He said ok and I ask if he wanted my credit card. He said, "No. When you get the oil an invoice will come in a couple of weeks. Send me a check."
I did and it reminded me of business on a handshake. The "Good Old Stuff". Quent
Old 08-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Brad Penn Co. just sent me some new 0w30 oil to test and they also have a new engine break in oil. Tyler
Old 08-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Registered

Mark,
Thank you for contacting us about Penn Grade 1 Racing Oil “THE GREEN OIL”! You may purchase through our distributor Smith Oil Corp. (Roger Breeland) 815-229-8100. I will also pass along your information to Roger. I am not sure if he offers sales online or not, but he can let you know for sure. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Jennifer Taylor
Sales and Marketing
Old 09-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

I ordered 2 cases of the 20w-50
Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'll share my experiences with Brad Penn oil.
Up until last summer (2005) I had been running Pennzoil 20-50 (engine builders recommendation) I change my oil every 10 hrs and it seemed to work pretty well, no oil pressure issues, oil temps @230 after an occasional hard run 260 (measured before the cooler)
Toward the end of last season I had switched to Brad Penn 20-50 and was not very impressed to say the least. In June I trailered over to Lake Winnipesaukee for Laconia weekend.I had just done a fresh oil change for the trip. We did a lot of boating the first couple days. After three days of running Brad Penn (8 hrs run time) I noticed a loss of oil pressure. My boat normally runs about 60 lbs after warm up while cruising. We were cruising along at no more than 4000 rpm when I noticed the oil pressure dropping. It dropped to 40 lbs, then 30 lbs, I backed down to 3500 and pressure dropped to 20 lbs.
I thought It was engine trouble and stopped for a while. Upon restart, oil pressure returned to normal, 60 psi but soon dropped back to 20 after temps warmed up to normal.
It appears that the Brad Penn oil was all done at 8 hrs and was breaking down at less than 220 degrees oil temp.
I've since changed to Mobil 1 (V-Twin) and all has been fine since. The Mobil oil seems to be pretty consistent, no pressure fluctuations at all and more oil pressure.

Take it for what it's worth, just my personal experience.

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 09-11-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info....
Old 09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Brad Penn folks promote that they are the original Kendall GT formula, or base stock. I ran that for years and never had any issues as did some friends with drag/top fuel applications. I think that perhaps their formulas have changed. Kendall used to be high in zinc...bet that has changed as well.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm no chemist..but I think what's happening in my case is that the Brad Penn is removing heat and in my application, it's just plain broken down (sheared?) at 8 hrs.
Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Spectro also uses the penn green oil, i have heard that it is the best for lubrication, but as Kurt said I'm not sure the additive mixture is whats needed for boat apps. I have plenty ofMobil V-twin 20-50 and will continue with that.

Quick Reply: Brad Penn oils...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.