Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
350/300hp Magnum Blown Head Gasket or what? >

350/300hp Magnum Blown Head Gasket or what?

Notices

350/300hp Magnum Blown Head Gasket or what?

Old 09-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350/300hp Magnum Blown Head Gasket or what?

1999 350/300hp Scarab (twins )

Saturday I was running the boat as hard a possible! All of a sudden I lost 400/600rpm and 3-5mph and smelt oil. I slowed down and open the engine hatch and noticed my Port engine had oil all around it. I was unable to determine were the oil was leaking from but did notice there was a quart missing when I checked the dip stick, also there was a oil/water milk mix puffing out of the PVC Valve but nothing mixed in with the case (nothing noticeable that is)

I fired up the engine and removed the oil fill cap a noticed puffs of milky oil and a very small amount of water blowing out. So I started idle for home on one engine. I than figured the engine was already dead so and the kids were whining that its “taking to long” I might as well push the motor till it dies! That why I can tell the wife it was the kids fault if we need a new engine. After all I could have idled but the kids weren’t happy.

I only ran the motor at 2800/3000rpm home, maybe a 30 min. drive. After I got the boat loaded onto the trailer and parked in the drive I checked the oil again expecting to see the case filled with milk, but nothing. (?) and only 1-2 quarts low.

So what do you think? Blown head gasket, Manifold gasket. Or something worst?