Hydraulic Steering Upgrade >

Hydraulic Steering Upgrade

Notices

Hydraulic Steering Upgrade

Old 10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Steering Upgrade

I have a 2000 24 Superboat with the Hydraulic Assist steering, E.G. Cable at Helm, Hoses & Ram at the drive.

Can this system be upgraded to full hydraulic without having to purchase a full kit? My ram is good and the hoses and fittings on that end are fine. My cable helm just seems to have a bit more play than I would like. Is it possible to upgrade?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

Default Re: Hydraulic Steering Upgrade

Keith Eckert marine has lots of kits that may do the job.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered

I just found one on CP Performance's website that does what I'm looking for. What is involved in installation? With the external portion already in place, I assume I won't need to drill any holes ion the transom. Where do the helm line plumb into? Is the system run by the power steering pump on the engine.

I doubt I'd have any problem installing it as I have years of experience working on cars and building engines. I just don't have much experience on boats or hydraulic systems. Should it be a straight forward install? Once installed, I assume the lines need to be bled. Is there a process for that?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I just found one on CP Performance's website that does what I'm looking for. What is involved in installation? With the external portion already in place, I assume I won't need to drill any holes ion the transom. Where do the helm line plumb into? Is the system run by the power steering pump on the engine.

I doubt I'd have any problem installing it as I have years of experience working on cars and building engines. I just don't have much experience on boats or hydraulic systems. Should it be a straight forward install? Once installed, I assume the lines need to be bled. Is there a process for that?
It's a straight forward install and you shouldn't have any problems. No new holes to drill through the transom.

Good Luck!