engine room lighting >

engine room lighting

Notices

engine room lighting

Old 11-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine room lighting

Does anyone have any suggestions for engine compartment lighting on a Formula 336? I was looking at LED, but wonder if anyone knows of something that will look good and work well? I like the ambiance of LED, but the actual lighting characteristics of bulbs. What to do?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default Re: engine room lighting

If you feel the LED's are not bright enough then look for the super bright LED versions....they can be way brighter then any lights out there other then actually plugging into a 110v outlet and useing a shop light!! If that is not you fancy try doing a search for "cold cathode" lights....they are like neon tubing but run off of 12v.....mainly made for the computer world but can be used just about anywhere...and they can be very bright as well...hope that helps

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with the led's and a 12V fluorescent lead light in case you have to actually see what you are working on

Nice thing about the led's, if you forget to turn them off, a couple of days isn't going to hurt the batteries
Old 11-15-2006, 03:45 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fitted a set of blue LED lights to my 25 Outlaw and they are amazing. The set consists of four tubes (2 x 30", 2x45") and they are connected to a central control unit which allows various strobe and flash combinations to be selected. The set is intended as rocker panel lighting on custom cars.
The tubes are mounted up high under the rear and side valances of the motor compartment so that only the indirect reflected light is visible. the refections that come of the polished part, the checker plates and the motor look amazing.
I have additionally two 50watt spotlamps as working lights mounted in the decklid that can be switched seperately from the the show lights.
Attached Thumbnails engine room lighting-525-bluelight01.jpg