Notices

Coupler ?

Old 12-21-2006, 05:33 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coupler ?

Is there a big differance in the coupler with the insert on it for the shaft to come into.Mechanic says it makes it easier to re install the engines.Am i giving up anything not using that coupler?Thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Coupler ?

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Is there a big differance in the coupler with the insert on it for the shaft to come into.Mechanic says it makes it easier to re install the engines.Am i giving up anything not using that coupler?Thanks
All that's doing is holding grease on the splines. It would help guiding the engine onto the shaft but it also has been in the way on some boats with not much room to bring the engine ahead to get it out. PS. Did you get your headers back yet ??
Old 12-21-2006, 06:58 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Coupler ?

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
All that's doing is holding grease on the splines. It would help guiding the engine onto the shaft but it also has been in the way on some boats with not much room to bring the engine ahead to get it out. PS. Did you get your headers back yet ??
Thanks Tyler for the response.I did get them last fri. and they didn't have any dents in them.
UPS delivered them instead of fex ex, sorry Randy i know you kicked them of your truck on I81.