Old 01-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Winter Rally To Hawks Cay Resort

Im going to miss that one. Have a great time
Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be my first trip on this trip. Sort of wondering what to expect.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Jax,

It is a great run to start with FPC. I did that run with them in Jan 05 three weeks after buying my 32. FPC runs a lot of heavy metal and my 32 is usually the smallest/ slowest of the group. Hawks Cay is beautiful but very expensive. Stu does a great job of introducing new members and helping you get to know people. If you are bringing the 25 OL mentioned in your avatar make sure the boat is mechanically 100% since it is a single motor boat. The run should have 12-25 boats and Saturday is the run down to Key West for those that want to go. If the water is nice, make the trip (about 60 miles from Hawks). Came back with less than 10 gallons of fuel running with a Gladiator WFO, called Stu to remind him of our fuel issue and needle wouldn't move off E for the last 20 miles but we made it.

Daytona, Jax FF are two great runs for that 25 OL. We are going to do Feb and Mar events with FPC as well as Daytona/ Jax/ Bahamas.

Have Fun
Old 01-17-2007, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jupiter,
There is now a new "smallest and slowest boat" of the group. At least until the procharger is installed. It's really a starter boat. I should be stepping up into something bigger next year. I got my brother in-law to come along with his 29 fountain. So if something happens we got the buddy system going on. We are going to play the keywest trip by ear. I really looking forward to the trip.

We will be doing the Daytona and Jax FF also. I pretty much live at the halfway point between the two. I'm sure we will see you on the water. If all go's well, we are going to try to do a poker run a month...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

We've done quite a few FPC runs but never the Hawks Cay run. For the runs to the Keys you will be fine on the inside with a 25' ft but I would definaltey go with another boat becuase no one will stop to help you if you break and it's nice to know you'll have someone to run the same speeds with.

As J Sunsation said, Jax and Daytona are good runs too. We've done them both the past two years and I don't see why we won't be there again. So what if prom is the same weekend as Daytona

Introduce yourself to everyone and have a good time, everyone is friendly no matter what kind of boat you have.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
We've done quite a few FPC runs but never the Hawks Cay run. For the runs to the Keys you will be fine on the inside with a 25' ft but I would definaltey go with another boat becuase no one will stop to help you if you break and it's nice to know you'll have someone to run the same speeds with.

As J Sunsation said, Jax and Daytona are good runs too. We've done them both the past two years and I don't see why we won't be there again. So what if prom is the same weekend as Daytona

Introduce yourself to everyone and have a good time, everyone is friendly no matter what kind of boat you have.
What JR is trying to say is he might not stop to help you but on EVERY FPC run I have been on I have seen many people stop to help out a fellow Poker Runner. In fact, we ran the back of the pack to Key West and waited to make sure every boat was ok.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
What JR is trying to say is he might not stop to help you but on EVERY FPC run I have been on I have seen many people stop to help out a fellow Poker Runner. In fact, we ran the back of the pack to Key West and waited to make sure every boat was ok.
I guess I worded that wrong, my mistake. Sometimes people stop to help and sometimes they don't so it's always a good idea to run with a buddy. We had to stop on the Jax '04 PR. We had the hatch up and no one stopped.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I worded that wrong, my mistake. Sometimes people stop to help and sometimes they don't so it's always a good idea to run with a buddy. We had to stop on the Jax '04 PR. We had the hatch up and no one stopped.
Much better JR cause I know you and your Dad would stop to help someone and I am disappointed to hear that no one stopped for you.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

The 04 run was the Hurricane Arlene year so that was more of a fun run then a poker run and you got stuck on the river so it wasn't exactly stranded in the middle of Biscayne Bay.

OSO Steve is right, people will stop if they see you get stranded but in a big group they might not realize you have a problem until the lunch stop. We run at the back due to drag vs horsepower not good will .

This event is a more casual run so you will have a great time.

Quick Reply: Winter Rally To Hawks Cay Resort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.