353 Fastech Re-Power

Notices

353 Fastech Re-Power

Old 02-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 353 Fastech Re-Power

Hello from LOTO

I am planning on replacing my 300hr carb HP500s, this spring, with either the 572 or 598 from Dyno-Flo (dynoflo.com) (Henderson,NV) .

I would appreciate input from anyone who may have done business with this Company and would have experience with their products.

Thank You in advance,
Jack
Old 02-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

I just purchased two of their 540 ci 650hp motors. I went out last saturday to run them for the first time. The motors sound and run awsome. I am working on an electrical problem right now which has nothing to do with their motors. I feel Scott is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. Once we get the problem solved we will put them to the test.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentlemen - I see dyoflow has been doing alot of advertising - I had a check in my hand and decided to go visit them in NV last March 2006 - I spoke with Scott at lenght before my visit - he is a nice guy ..........the warehouse park is great - it is in a nice part of town,its big and Like I said after three phone conversations I was ready to purchase (2) 540's - So I walked in the door - what a mess - stuff everywhere -crap everywhere - dust and dirt everywhere- the "Dyno room" was a disaster -more junk everywhere - the machine shop part of the shop could not fix a K-Mart plastic wagon - Scott seems to be a good guy - but I gotta say that I would NEVER purchase an assembled engine from his shop - His claim to fame is as a bulk mover af dart blocks & heads etc.... maybe if you got something bare bones and knew what you were buy - I have been to the engines Shops of Keith Eickert & Sterling, the race engines shops of Charlotte, local engines shops - these guys are organized, neat and the shows in the quality of work - BEFORE YOU BUY FROM DYNO FLOW - GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF - if I'm wrong you will have a trip to Vegas and that's not a bad thing - If Scott has not cleaned up his act 1,000000 % then you had a trip to Vegas you looked you learned and you will not have a blown up hunk of junk in July - So where does all the money come from for all the big ads ??????? Scott is a saleman that is a fact - Keep in mind the guy has never done me wrong - this is my first hand opinion after my visit less than a year ago -
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered

I guess my motors will be the test? they gave a two year warranty so we will see. I personally don't care what the shop looks like as long as my motors perform and hold up. The first test is this Friday as the forecast is 72 degrees and we plan on boating all week end..
Old 02-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

He does have good prices!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I like to hear good news so keep us posted.........nothing like a big HP engine for less than 8 grand with a 2 year warranty - I know I'm repeating myself here, but a big warehouse, huge money spent on advertising, a poorly organized and dirty shop, a two man operation,a machine shop that is truely junk, cheap prices and a two year warranty - ???? There is just no way that repeatable quality can come from this shop -

I'm not wishing you bad luck - in fact you will be my hero if this works out - but other buyers should visit his shop before purchasing- even if you do not know what your looking at you will understand -

What engine package did you purchase ?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

8 grand ???I wouldn't buy that package either, what big hp engine package did he quote you for that price??? We had alot more than that in parts alone on my package. Yea i seen his shop and agree with you there but like i said the shop don't ALWAYS mean the quality is poor. I hope they perform and work great, if not either way you all will know the outcome and so will Scott.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best value may be in the parts. If you were to assemble the motors your self and check all of the clearences you would have a good piece for sure. All of the parts that those guys are using can be ordered machined. You could theoretically just "put it together" without measuring or checking (or cleaning) and end up with a great motor. Kinda like roulette in some cases i suppose. I priced them and they are great. Anyway I reused my cores and had my local guy do the work. I was going to buy mine unassembled and put them together.
This is not a slam or an endorsement, just the conclusion I came to before making my decision. Have fun!