Which balancer are your running? >

Which balancer are your running?

Notices

Which balancer are your running?

Old 04-01-2007, 08:34 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which balancer are your running?

I just ran into a problem while preparing my engine for the season. Every winter , I back off the valves and pull the distributor. I just adjusted the valves and dropped in the distributor. I hit the key and I get a fireworks show from my carb. WTF... I check everything a few times, dont see anything wrong. I get the balancer to #1 TDC, pull the #1 plug.... NO PISTON!!! Get the bore scope, the piston is not up, its 3/4 of the way up. I look at the balancer, the hub spun out of the rubber. The first question you will ask me is.. Whos balancer? There is a story behind it, when I bought this rotating assembly from a local engine shop, they talked me into using their SFI balancer, not the more expensive ATI. I should have gone with my instincts and not listened to him. Too late now.

So, the question is, which balancer are you running. I have an NA 540, Dart Big "M" block, Callies Dragon slayer crank..
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ATI .. have run it since 99 about 290 hrs..
sent it back for rebuild this winter.. they said it was in great shape..
The cover is faded, and it was another $100 to replace. At that point, I would have rather of bought another one..

I have been real happy with my ATI ,,!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

ati for me 130 hours thats one of the only things that has not broke................http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=587907&t=9228
Old 04-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which ATI? I would guess their Super Damper. BTW, I could not play that video link you posted.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

yup super dampner.....the link should work......when it open just click play..............its the new 540 cam break in and first start

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=587907&t=9228
Old 04-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
yup super dampner.....the link should work......when it open just click play..............its the new 540 cam break in and first start

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=587907&t=9228

weres the tail pipes? sounds good

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i run a small tip in front of the pipes and extend the water out let with a threaded stainless nipple
Old 04-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will check the PN.. in a while.

Back in 98.. the PN was ATI 917060. Got it from Chet Herbert Cams. Best price at the time.. I would think the PN hasnt changed..

D*ck

Last edited by Mr Gadgets; 04-01-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
I just ran into a problem while preparing my engine for the season. Every winter , I back off the valves and pull the distributor. I just adjusted the valves and dropped in the distributor. I hit the key and I get a fireworks show from my carb. WTF... I check everything a few times, dont see anything wrong. I get the balancer to #1 TDC, pull the #1 plug.... NO PISTON!!! Get the bore scope, the piston is not up, its 3/4 of the way up. I look at the balancer, the hub spun out of the rubber. The first question you will ask me is.. Whos balancer? There is a story behind it, when I bought this rotating assembly from a local engine shop, they talked me into using their SFI balancer, not the more expensive ATI. I should have gone with my instincts and not listened to him. Too late now.

So, the question is, which balancer are you running. I have an NA 540, Dart Big "M" block, Callies Dragon slayer crank..
Go see Kevin at SK speed in Farmingdale.Ask for an ATI balancer and say its for JC performance to get my discount and no tax.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use a Fluidampner, hands down.

Quick Reply: Which balancer are your running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.