Cooling water restriction >

Cooling water restriction

Notices

Cooling water restriction

Old 04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling water restriction

Could someone post some pictures and or a diagram of the fitting on the inside of the transom assembly that the cooling water from the drive comes through and corrodes .This causes a problem with water flow .It is a bravo drive.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bellhousing can corrode and swell where the hose is inserted and squeeze the hose. The problem occurs where the insert is located (part number 4). I fixed mine vs replace by getting in there with a needlegun and getting out all of the corroded aluminum and filling it back in with JB weld. Haven't had any more problems with it. The other option would be to replace the bellhousing.

Rene

Last edited by oldandtired; 04-07-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered

I was under the impression that the problem area was inside the boat and i thought in another thread someone said something about some sort of wedges or some thing of the like.Again not sure just trying to gather information
Old 04-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

There is a delrin (plastic) neck inside on your transom assy, follow the intake hose to it. It is right under your steering assist,two 1/4" bolts hold it to the t/a, remove it and you should see the restricted/collapsed hose.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered

Just wamted to bring this thread back up trying to locate pictures of what exactly this looks like both places inside the boat and outside with the drive pulled off
Old 06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

Still trying to gather information, I removed the two bolts on the water neck inside of the transom very hard to work on due to the engine coupler. I removed the water neck and whatever is swelled or collapsed the hole is reduced to about 1/4 inch it would definitely reduce water to the engine. does anyone know what this is and how it comes apart .Pictures would be nice or 1st hand info . I think this problem could be overlooked for anyone with a boat with any age if they were having a oil orwater temp problem.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The part where the water neck (plastic) bolts to is the transom assembly. I had the restriction occur on the drive bellhousing. I repaired mine with JB weld by hitting it with a needle gun to remove the oxidized aluminum and casting a new "hole" with the JB weld. The same could be done on the transom assembly but it would be pretty difficult while it's on the boat.

Rene
Old 06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Oldandtired thanks for your response I cant tell how the hose or tube is hooked up to the water neck but something is not right I hope someone on here has some more input.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Can you test/diagnose this restriction by putting the flush attachment on the lower unit and pulling the inlet hose off the raw water pump? I know the flush attachment doesn't seal perfectly so you might have to have someone hold it on there?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

by removing the water neck I can see the restriction only about 1/4 inch hole under the water neck

Quick Reply: Cooling water restriction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.