Identify a cable crimp? >

Identify a cable crimp?

Notices

Identify a cable crimp?

Old 04-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identify a cable crimp?

I am trying to figure out what type of crimping device is used to make the end loop on a kill switch lanyard. I am trying to use a different style of lanyard, but I need to change the end that connects to the kill switch from the old lanyard to the new. Anybody know what tool I need to do this correctly? A pic of the crimped end is below.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Identify a cable crimp?-lanyard-cord.jpg  
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I don't know about the crimp. What kind of kill switch do you have? Don't you have the toggle type switch? That's what's in my boat.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

I have probably the same toggle switch setup that you have. What I am trying to do is get the plastic piece that clips into the toggle switch from my old lanyard to the new lanyard. I am going with a wrist attached lanyard rather than the clip style as I don't have any good place to clip it too when driving the boat wearing swim trunks. probably a goofy looking idea, but I think it will work better for me.
Attached Thumbnails Identify a cable crimp?-lanyard-cord-001.jpg   Identify a cable crimp?-lanyard-cord-002.jpg  
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I am going with a wrist attached lanyard rather than the clip style as I don't have any good place to clip it too when driving the boat wearing swim trunks. probably a goofy looking idea, but I think it will work better for me.
My lanyard is connect to an elastic wrist band I keep hooked over the ignition keys. Whenever I run at speed higher than a fast cruise, I can slip it on w/o looking for it. It's always right there handy and only takes a sec to slip it on.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I am trying to figure out what type of crimping device is used to make the end loop on a kill switch lanyard. I am trying to use a different style of lanyard, but I need to change the end that connects to the kill switch from the old lanyard to the new. Anybody know what tool I need to do this correctly? A pic of the crimped end is below.

Thanks!
Looks to be the same as what is used for the high tensle wire fencing splices. Any Tractor Supply Co. should have the tool. Wouldn't be surprised if it ruuns over $100 though. Pretty HD peice of hardware.
Take your peices with ya and crimp them in the store.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Looks to be the same as what is used for the high tensle wire fencing splices. Any Tractor Supply Co. should have the tool. Wouldn't be surprised if it ruuns over $100 though. Pretty HD peice of hardware.
Take your peices with ya and crimp them in the store.
Now that's thinkin!