RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament >

RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament

Notices

RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament

Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament

Event - RRBA (Rappahannock River Boater's Association) Poker Run & Texas Holdem Tournament

AKA "Poker down the river" - read it like you want

When: August 11th
Venue: Starts at Tappahannock (June Parker Marina), Garrett's Marina, Urbanna Town Marina (Lunch), Dozier's Regatta Point (Deltatville), then one awesome run back to Tappahannock.

Base cost: $300
Field Limit: 50 boats
Benefitting: WRAR Christmas Wishes Program

Come out and join us for our 2nd annual Poker Run on the Rappahannock River. This year we have added a fun twist by incorporating a Texas Holdem Tournament during the poker run. This is limited to the first 40 who sign up for the tournament.

Randy Nuzzo will also be on hand to take aerial shots while we are going down river and there will be Bay Time in Deltaville for those who want to "air it out"

You can download the registration form at our website:

www.abrighterfinish.com

Go to the 2007 events calendar on the home page and click on the event.

This event attracts a diversity of boats and that is what we like. Last year we had everything from express cruisers to 38'+ performance boats. So this is not a performance boat exclusive event. Hell, I run my 28' Rinker. I may be the last to show up to the stop, but it is still a good time!

Bonus - I will members of the GET BUFFED Bikini team at the poker run. So if you miss them at the Bikini Boat & Truck Wash (see other post), come see them here!

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you out there!

PS: We are already receiving registration forms, so spots are filling up fast!
Attached Thumbnails RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament-_mg_3783.jpg  
Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I marked my calender. Let me know if the Bikini team needs a boat to ride on for the run.

You guys doing the Coles Point Run?

Last edited by Shah Mat; 04-18-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'd like to make it, but I don't think I can get into June Parker--too shallow. Has it been dredged???
Old 04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'd like to make it, but I don't think I can get into June Parker--too shallow. Has it been dredged???
We launched 38' footers (two top Guns) there last year....should be good.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
I marked my calender. Let me know if the Bikini team needs a boat to ride on for the run.

You guys doing the Coles Point Run?
I can arrange that for a nominal fee if you like

I need to check my calendar to see if I can get out for Coles Point.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Get_Buffed
We launched 38' footers (two top Guns) there last year....should be good.
And then you took them to your shop for bottom gel coat work to repair all the chips. No thanks that place needs some MAJOR help.

Like Brian said needs to be dredged!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by excursion
And then you took them to your shop for bottom gel coat work to repair all the chips. No thanks that place needs some MAJOR help.

Like Brian said needs to be dredged!!!!
Did not have a single incident last year and I certainly did not get any gel coat/bottom repair work as a result of launches there. Again, we had some large boats launch there last year with no issues.

I realize the launching locations on the Rapp may not be as plentiful has the James. However this is a great event that I am a primary sponsor for, just as I was a sponsor for the RPBA Jammin on the James last year and plan on contributing to this year.

I understand people having concerns and not wanting there boats to potentially get damaged and I respect that. The best I can do is tell you we did not have any issues last year and that we have several customers with large boats that launch there regularly.

Not sure when the last time you launched at June Parker. I would just ask that you not write this event off. Thanks!

Respectfully,

Tracy Deuell
President - A Brighter Finish
Old 04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

You guys don't need to be so hard on June Parker Marina. I agree that it's not the prettiest marina in the world, but it is VERY FUNCTIONAL. I have always used the ramp there and have never had a problem. Any competent boat operator should have no problem with June Parker Marina. Of course every boater has had moments of ignorance no matter the location, conditions or level of competence. Not only do I launch my 38' EVERY weekend, there have been many other boats including a 42' Fountain that has launched at Parker with no problem. Low tide is a little tricky at times, but if you are careful you will have no problem. For those who are concerned, there will be plenty of people on hand, including myself, who will be happy to help put your boat in and be an extra set of eyes for you.

For a valet fee, I will even drive it out of the marina into the open water and if it gets damaged, I will pay to have it repaired. Decision is ultimately yours but we are confident you will not have any issues and you shouldn't have any other concerns about registering for our Poker Run. Problem solved?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Pics from the poker run last year..June Parker - No problem
Attached Thumbnails RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament-jp1.jpg   RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament-jp2.jpg   RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament-jp3.jpg  

Old 04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'll look into June Parker and the run. We may be interested in the run w/o launching at June Parker. I definitely am not bashing.

It all depends on each boat/trailer setup. Slipping a straight bottom boat on/off of a low slung steel trailer, and floating a step-bottom boat high enough to float over the notched rear bunks are two different feats. I could be wrong, but the above boats look like straight-bottoms.

Quick Reply: RRBA - Rappahannock Poker Run & Holdem Tournament

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.