Notices

Texoma memorial weekend

Old 05-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texoma memorial weekend

Anyone going to be on Texoma Memorial weekend. Would it be too soon to run a group of boats together?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

ask over at www.lakepirateforums.com Some of them were itching to do something.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Hell no - not too late. I'll be there, but not till Sunday (wedding).
But, may have the boat sold by then

What did you have in mind? A short little regatta or something, or just a place to anchor up together, or both.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

We will be with a group of 5 boats. will be putting in at lighthouse and running to the islands fri sat and sun. thought it would be cool to have an informal cruise or something for a photo op. just got the twins and anxious to run with some others
Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

I put in by Denison Dam. I usually just cruise by the islands. I guess I just got burned out on all the idiots that hang out around there. I can't even relax because everytime I turn around some dipchit is about to hit my boat or run over my anchor. Do you ever go to Sunset Beach. Its just across the lake from the Lighthouse. There have been alot of powerboats over there lately. Its very relaxing and you don't get beat up with all the cruiser wakes and chop that usually beat you up at the islands. Have you been to Texoma lately - the lake is way up. I don't thing there is much of an island left. I know you can't walk around it like usual.

It would be fun to get a couple of boats together and run out in the open. I can do Sunday and Monday. Just give me a meeting place and time and I will be there. Did you know they shut down Grandpappy's - what a shame.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

Oh hell - my boat just sold. Guess I will not be joining up with you guys after all. I still have a 04 Sea Ray sundeck I get to drive around so give me a heads up.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

you may be right about the islands, may not be much of a party there. if theres no beach it would be better to tie up in a cove somewhere. we will have a 33 powerplay cc, 31 IMP, 27 baja, 23 Nova, 21 sea ray, all putting in at lighthouse or little mineral. we will check out sunset beach. maybe sun we could meet up, you can meet some folks from FTWorth area. I am the only one that lurks around on this site.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Sounds good - I will have a boat load of people in a newer blue 24 Sea Ray sundeck "Kalana Maku." ...........Man I need to buy another powerboat ASAP. I can't decide between a single 28 Saber w new 502 that only goes 63mph (here on OSO) or a 28 pantera with twin 454's and a lot more expensive. What do ya think?

pantera
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...ck&searchtype=

saber
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...b261_0-en.html

With gas prices I think I need to just suck it up and go with the cheaper Saber or wait around for a single 28 pantera.

http://www.laketexomaonline.com/map/map_index.html
This map shows it as sunset camp. Nice little cove with great sand beaches. I've been hangin around there for years.

Ft Worth is my kind of people - I work in downtown
Old 05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

we will be there,31 warlock cat,we dont hang at north island either to many idiots. we usually hang out at the big island closest to the willis bridge.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

I like that island as well - lots of good sand. I go out there for the "extended" boat trips. Thats a good boat ride for me but well worth it. Do you drive the blue and gray cat?

Quick Reply: Texoma memorial weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.