hoses connected to thermostat housing 454 magnum 92' >

hoses connected to thermostat housing 454 magnum 92'

Notices

hoses connected to thermostat housing 454 magnum 92'

Old 06-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hoses connected to thermostat housing 454 magnum 92'

I'm going to post this referencing a picture of the housing located at this link on my webspace...

There are two connections at the bottom, two at the middle, adn two at the top. The connections in the middle go to the headers and have a spring loaded ball requiring pressure I assume to blow by water to the headers, which in turn come out through my thru-hull exhaust...right?

The bottom left connection comes from my circ pump which I have just rebuilt. I'm not entirely sure where the top 2 connections go or the one on the bottom right.

Here's my question though.....when looking into the two bottom connections, both look like they have some growth/corrosion inside of the ducts. The smaller one on the bottom right has more than the larger one. The boat has seen some salt water before my ownership. Should be connections be completely clean ideally? Also, there is a small hole between the larger and smaller connections in the housing itself. I'm not sure if it should be clear and it's built up with growth/corrosion, or if it should be a solid seperation and there is a hole worn through it.

In any case, the boat heated up a little coming across the lake heading home sunday after running it near WOT for a few few minutes. So after rebuilding the pump, I was in process of replacing the thermostat and noticed these things which led to these questions. I thought I'd try and get the opinions of so many experts on here before putting it back together in haste.

Any advice or explanations are always greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Bill W.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cooling routing

Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Default I M C O' s suggestion on routing

Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude you are the shizzle. Thanks!

So according to that diagram...which is exactly my setup, the stuff when I look through 11/12 points in the housing is indeed accumulation of something where it should be clean right straight through. Someone else suggested soaking it in 50/50 diluted muriatic acid for a bit and clean all that stuff out. Thanks again.

Last edited by soldsoul4foos; 06-14-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

scan through this tread for more info on similar topic...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=122072