Notices

Fuel cooler

Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel cooler

I am the new owner of an 04 Nordic Rage with a Whippled 496 and have a couple of questions. I noticed that the fuel cooler is plumed after the oil cooler and the inter cooler is plumed after the power steering cooler. My last boat had a Procharged 383 and I had the inter cooler "T'd" off first, right after the sea pump and the fuel cooler before the oil cooler. It seems like the fuel cooler being the last thing before the motor is not cooling the fuel and may actually be warming it up. Any thoughts?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I teed off after the sea pump also for I/C. Fuel was next then oil and P/S
Old 07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

I see that the Whipple uses 5w-50 syn oil. Does anyone know if and where it can be bought localy?

Hey Kennyo,
How well does the Stern Jack work on your 272? I have on that I took off my Crownline that I may be selling and am courious what other boats benifit.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by blowncrown
I see that the Whipple uses 5w-50 syn oil. Does anyone know if and where it can be bought localy?

Hey Kennyo,
How well does the Stern Jack work on your 272? I have on that I took off my Crownline that I may be selling and am courious what other boats benifit.
You can buy 5W50 Castrol Syntec from about any auto parts store. Congrats on the purchase!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Kennyo,
There was a guy on teambajamarine looking for one. I think close to 3-4 mph. If you want to sell it i'll try to hook yall up.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

I have a buddy with a Sunsation who is interested in it. I told him to do some research before he buys it to see if it is worth doing on his hull. If he doesn't want it I'll get back with you.
It was worth 4-5 mph on my 225BR Crownline.
I'll have to keep looking for the oil, the Pepboys here didn't have it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

I have a buddy with a Sunsation who is interested in it. I told him to do some research before he buys it to see if it is worth doing on his hull. If he doesn't want it I'll get back with you.
It was worth 4-5 mph on my 225BR Crownline.
I'll have to keep looking for the oil, the Pepboys here didn't have it.
O'Reilly's carries it. I beleive I've also seen in at Wal-Mart and possibly Auto Zone. Is this a Bob Lloyd boat?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

I don't think so. I bought it at Lake Cumberland Marine. It has Michigan tags on it. My sales man is suppose to get me in touch with the previous owner, but I'm still waiting.
It seems to of had some internal engine work but I'm not sure what. I can see that it has head studs and some kind of spacer under the valve cover, maybe for roller rockers.
I have seen 8 psi of boost and 86+ on the gps before my OO ran out. The next mod will be HYD STEERING!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stern jack on a very heavy boat that did not have enough trim travel and therefore not enough bow lift. The extra leverage made it happen for my application. I just spoke with land & sea and they no longer support the jack and parts are not available.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
There was a guy on teambajamarine looking for one. I think close to 3-4 mph. If you want to sell it i'll try to hook yall up.
Hey Ken,
I am putting my Stern Jack on the market so if you would tell the teambajamarine guys I would appreciate it. I also have a Procharger setup for a 350 Mag.

Quick Reply: Fuel cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.