Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
In need of an ECM 454 mag mpi >

In need of an ECM 454 mag mpi

Notices

In need of an ECM 454 mag mpi

Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of an ECM 454 mag mpi

I'm not 100% sure I do, but I am about 95% sure. Boat ran good all day Friday, Saturday went out, & running 4000rpms, & then dropped back to idle, checked everything...all was good. Got back up on plane, & again, back to idle (throttle was still in position). Did this a couple more times, then put it back on the trailer & brought it home. I tried to run it this evening, I get nothing...I have power everywhere, it turns over, but I don't hear the fuel pump running, & no spark. I tried to check for any trouble codes, the harness has .5 volt on the positive side of the test terminal, & I'm pretty sure it should be 12v there. So, I'm quite sure my ECM is the problem....just my luck...LOL...
So, I am hoping that someone may have a good working used one they are just dieing to get rid of...Again, 99 454 mag mpi. Or perhaps, someone knows of someone who repairs the ECM's. I plan on taking the boat down to have someone put a scan tool on it, & hopefully I missed something, but I think it's gone. Drop me a PM, or email if you or know of someone who has one they want to part with....