Rollback Hour Meter? >

Rollback Hour Meter?

Notices

Rollback Hour Meter?

Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rollback Hour Meter?

Anyone know if you can roll back an hour meter? No, its not for criminal purposes. A shop I had the boat in recently left the ignition on for like 30 hours on the port side, draining the battery completley and running up 30 extra hours on that meter. Lame...

John
Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 PM

If anyone ever questions it, have them plug a scan tool in, and it will show the true hours.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyG
Anyone know if you can roll back an hour meter? No, its not for criminal purposes. A shop I had the boat in recently left the ignition on for like 30 hours on the port side, draining the battery completley and running up 30 extra hours on that meter. Lame...

John
Disconect the port meter for 30 hours ...
Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

My wife turned key on in my Baja once for some STUPID reason after we came home,it put a extra 38 or 40 hours on the hour meter which is built in the tach plus a place I had it at once for repair left the key on for a day also,he told me it won't register hours on the meter unless the motor is running but I never checked but I'm 99% sure it does. This stuff happens,it suks,unhook your hour meter for a while to correct it to mastch the other one,I don't have that option unless I want to drive without the tach for quite a few rides,Smitty
Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a new guage and connect it to a battery until it reads the same as the other meter. As the duke said, the scan tool doesn't lie.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ordered gauges from Livorsi and Gaffrig and requested hours on the meter. They will set the hours for you if you need them to.

john
Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

These are great examples of how worthless hour meters are! They are only good for maintenance purposes.

I bought a boat that had 300 hrs on it. A few weeks later I discovered a second meter hidden behind an access panel that read 650!!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. Good advice. I'll probably just disconnect for a while if I can figure out how to easily do this.

This really makes you realize that the only sure way to know the hours on a motor is to use a scan tool.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Any way to roll them forward?

I had one crap out on me and i'd like to set the new one ($30 west marine job) forward to where it should be.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Without taking it apart, just hook it up to a 12v battery or charger and leave it be for as long as it takes. Just keep an eye on it so you dont go over.

John

Quick Reply: Rollback Hour Meter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.