Need Help & Parts info

Notices

Need Help & Parts info

Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help & Parts info

Hello Everyone...

PARADOX (Peter) has helped me out a bunch with my boat being that it is sort of the rare one of the performance boats....Anyways I have a long list of upgrades to do this winter and need some additional help......We have absolutely NO Performance boat shops around here so I have to rely on the board.....

I went to take the boat out this weekend (Sunday) for the last time before putting her up for the winter......and the fuel pump died at the marina, so I brought her to my shop today (Monday).

For those who dont know my boat, I have a 1992 Galaxy Lazer 26' 8" with a Volvo 454 & Volvo Duo Prop drive (outdrive sucks, I know). Peter tells me the boat is a performance cuddy.....lol

I'm expecting a Weilnad 177 Supercharger with Holley 850 carb to arrive by the end of the week that I bought from the OSO Classified.......Since my fule pump died should I upgrade to a high pressure fuel pump or go with the factory replacement?

Second, I want to upgrade to the Bravo 1, but I'm finding that the parts to do the entire conversion are more than I expected....Anyone have any of the parts I need used that you want to sell?

Third, I dont even know what gear ratio to be looking for....any suggestions?

Lastly....my stock 454 is rated at 330hp adding the super puffer might add an additional 100hp (guessing)....the boat runs in the high 55 to 58 mph range now @ 4300 rpm's the way it is and I'm trying to get into the upper 60's low 70's....Do I need to spend all the money on the Bravo 1 or will an Alpha 1 do the job?.....I just dont want to spend more money than I need to since I will most likely be upgrading boats in the next couple of years. I'm 200% sure I will loose money selling my boat, I just want to limit my losses yet achieve the speeds I'm looking to reach.

Thanks,
Steve

[email protected]