Procharger help needed... >

Procharger help needed...

Notices

Procharger help needed...

Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger help needed...

I have read hundereds of posts regarding procharger, so ill be quick and to the point. I have a 7.4 MPI (330hp) with a m-1sc procharger. In general in runs well.... My biggest issue right now is getting on plane. It appears to run rich and load up while attempting to accellerate, but I see no black smoke or black on my transom at all. I have heard mentiion of "signal, or line condtioner" sold by Procharger which fools the computer out of cold start mode. I contacted procharger and the tech said he never heard of such a thing. What solutions can you suggest, and where can I obtain one of these fabled line conditioners?

Last edited by trawfish; 09-19-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trawfish
I have read hundereds of posts regarding procharger, so ill be quick and to the point. I have a 7.4 MPI (330hp) with a m-1sc procharger. In general in runs well.... My biggest issue right now is getting on plane. It appears to run rich and load up while attempting to accellerate, but I see no black smoke or black on my transom at all. I have heard mentiion of "signal, or line condtioner" sold by Procharger which fools the computer out of cold start mode. I contacted procharger and the tech said he never heard of such a thing. What solutions can you suggest, and where can I obtain one of these fabled line conditioners?
Get a hold of Jamie at Lakeside Restorations. I believe his # is on here somewhere. He knows about the line conditioner. He can point you in the right direction.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

I have one I didn't use on my last boat with a Procharger. It came with the 350 Mag Mpi 7 psi kit. I had the ECU reprogrammed so I didn't need it. It is still sealed in the package if you are interested in it let me know.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plane Silly
I have one I didn't use on my last boat with a Procharger. It came with the 350 Mag Mpi 7 psi kit. I had the ECU reprogrammed so I didn't need it. It is still sealed in the package if you are interested in it let me know.
Plane Silly - I don't have pm capabilities on here.... I would like to try and get that from you.... I work at night, so e-mail me with details if you could please.

[email protected]

much appreciated
Old 09-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

You have mail.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered

Plane Silly, I got your e-mail...I'm gonna try one more thing this week and if that doesn't help i'll be contacting you.

*** Can anyone tell me where to get a 120 deg. thermostat for a bbc??? I have read severeal instances of people having them, but can't seem to actually find one for sale.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Take the guts out of any t-stat and use that. It works for me.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
Take the guts out of any t-stat and use that. It works for me.
Thats how I am running now, engine runs 110 deg. at best and oil pressure is very high.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same set up with lots more and have blown it up once, re-built and now things are good. I would save my money re the conditioner and put it twards a re-program, in your boat. Dustin did mine and all charteristics have smoothed out.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baronbob
I have the same set up with lots more and have blown it up once, re-built and now things are good. I would save my money re the conditioner and put it twards a re-program, in your boat. Dustin did mine and all charteristics have smoothed out.
Who is Dustin?

Quick Reply: Procharger help needed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.