Notices

Shrink wrap

Old 12-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrink wrap

Where can I get some so that I can transport my boat to an out of state location?

How hard is it to use/apply and what other tools or materials do I need?

We don't do this very often in AZ. so thanks for the help.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

TTT. Nobody does their own shrink wrap??????
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

dr-shrink.com has the wrap. Look on ebay for a Shrinkfast gun which is not cheap.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

The gun will run you about $900.00. The Film is $300.00 per role (you can wrap 3-4 boats per role of film). The strapping is $90.00 role. Bill
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 12-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dr-shrink.com has the wrap.Take it slow and dont be in a hurry and you'll do fine ,we always wrapped ours before sending it to Havasu or Cali for the winter always hit sno in new mexico . make sure its tight or it'll sand the shine right off your boat.Learned the hard way 1x and had to have it wet sanded and buffed in Havasu
Old 12-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
dr-shrink.com has the wrap.Take it slow and dont be in a hurry and you'll do fine ,we always wrapped ours before sending it to Havasu or Cali for the winter always hit sno in new mexico . make sure its tight or it'll sand the shine right off your boat.Learned the hard way 1x and had to have it wet sanded and buffed in Havasu
That's good to know. I sold the boat and he's taking it to Oregon, there will probably be snow or rain along the way.

I found dr-shrink, I'll call them Wed.. I also found this place
http://www.shrinkwrapsolutions.com/specials.asp looks like for 50 bucks ai can buy a 50' roll. I just need to figure out the tools, strapping and tape I need. I guess it's a huge rose bud looking attachment that you hook to a propane tank?
Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
That's good to know. I sold the boat and he's taking it to Oregon, there will probably be snow or rain along the way.

http://www.shrinkwrapsolutions.com/specials.asp looks like for 50 bucks ai can buy a 50' roll. I just need to figure out the tools, strapping and tape I need. I guess it's a huge rose bud looking attachment that you hook to a propane tank?
For a couple hundred bucks it will be money well spent you'll never see mine in the sno or salt unwrapped .its so much easier to power wash the trailer and unwrap the boat and ready for fun
happy new year and good luck
Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

If you are going ship the boat get a roll of the preservation tape and you can do it one of two ways, either tape the shrinkwrap to the boat and heat it up, or run the the straps under the hull and heat it up, then tape the shrinkwrap to the hull so that no air gets under it.

My company does both boats and machinery for nationwide and international shipment and we have never had a problem doing it this way.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA

Get the 7 mill shrink wrap, 6mil is too thin, which is part of the reason the roll is 50.00.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

to get away from that expensive gun for a 1 time use you can use a propane heater and cylinder like you use for a bbq.. takes 2 people to do..
Attached Thumbnails Shrink wrap-red-rlp30.jpg  

Quick Reply: Shrink wrap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.