totally dry exhaust

Notices

totally dry exhaust

Old 01-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
Default totally dry exhaust

I was having a few beverages with a few friends discussing dry pipes and how they can get on your nerves after a long run.......(this is the idea we came up with) most of ya run a heavy cam profile and dont want to worry about reversion right? Here in lies the problem....... No dry mufflers in rotation THAT I KNOW OF .....Why not slash cut your pipes through both pipes reweld closed and put the water hole on the top side of the slash.....Thus having the water spraying down into the stream of exhaust and muffling the noise a little..........

Ya can tell me if i am crazy but it should help a little at idle.........I will try to put a pic up to describe what i am talking about.....

Just figured i was not the only guy to think of this....Anybody tried it , if not i am going to be the testdumby this season////..Amoung other things
Attached Thumbnails totally dry exhaust-untitled.bmp  
Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Their are several different ways to configure the water dumps. I have seen them the way you drew them up. Mine are basically dry, but look wet when they are running. My tails just run all the way through the transom and then have slats at the very end where the water dumps. I have switchable mufflers on the ends and when the water/exhaust gases come out they are mixing for the last 10 inches. I believe the water mixing has a big effect when the mufflers are switched on.