View Full Version : All Velocity Owners and guests Welcome 6/13-6/14

notda1
02-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Mears Great Oak Landing on Fairlee creek in Chestertown M.D. 21620 is welcoming us to their Marina , Lodge , Restaurants , Ships store , boat ramp , sandy beach , pool , and Jelly Fish Joel's Dock Bar . Talked to Mary today , she told me she had plenty of slips at $2.75 per foot , electric optional . Ramp usally available only to marina customers fee $25 . Limited number of rooms available special Velocity price std $109 w/f $129 . Farlee creek also known to be a great place to stay out on the hook free over nite . Check out their web site at mearsgreatoaklanding.com . Any thing I can do within reason to help pm me or post it here . Hope to see a lot of my old friends and maybe make some new ones . :ernaehrung004:

EXCESS ENERGY
02-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Looking forward to getting together Ray, hopefully some other VELOCITY owners will show up. It would be nice if we could get a large group like we used to, when we would go to Solamons, Chop Tank, Red Eyes, and many other places. Kinda seems like people are not into getting together anymore.:evilb: Ok guys and gals lets get together.

007joe
03-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Ray, Thanks for the call, Hadn't checked up on the site for a while, I'm in! Hope we can get a bunch of V owners out there! :drink:

1HYPER1
03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
We are in.It will be good to see everyone.:ernaehrung004:

007joe
03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks like June 13th- 14th... :drink:

1HYPER1
03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Looks like June 13th- 14th... :drink:

You got me on that one.:rolleyes:

notda1
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Passed on the dates to Joel today , he is planing to bring his boat . Talked to Scott yesterday ( my old 30' ) he is coming , looking forward to seeing his boat again . Got a few others to hear back from . Will post more as they confirm .As a bonus the rock the bay poker run will be going on in the area on saturday .Lots of eye candy ( boats and babes ) on that poker run .Things are starting to shape up . Also glad to hear 007 Joe is in and hope Hyper and some of his group can make it . Open to suggestions and ideas to help improve and get the word out about the weekend . The more boats and people the better !!!! :ernaehrung004:

Velocity390
03-02-2009, 03:52 PM
We'll be there with the Poker Run.

We've got a couple hours there for lunch, so hopefully we'll see some of you guys!!!!!!

notda1
03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I am hoping that Jelly Fish Joel's will be a card stop for the Rock the bay poker run . At the very least we are not far out of the way . Fairlee creek is located in beteween Nauti-Goose and Red Eyes on the north east side of the chesapeake bay .If you find out the route in advance please let us know and we will be sure to work it into our schedule. Hope to see you there . Thanks Ray :circle:

Velocity390
03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I am hoping that Jelly Fish Joel's will be a card stop for the Rock the bay poker run . At the very least we are not far out of the way . Fairlee creek is located in beteween Nauti-Goose and Red Eyes on the north east side of the chesapeake bay .If you find out the route in advance please let us know and we will be sure to work it into our schedule. Hope to see you there . Thanks Ray :circle:

Ray,

It is Red Eyes' to Annapolis, then to Fairlee Creek, then to the Nauti Goose.

The schedule says 12:00pm to 3:00pm is lunch at Mears Marina. So we should see you guys there!!!!

Velocity390
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Meant to sign that last post, John, but it wouldn't let me edit!!!!

DKerns
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Ray,

I would like to say that I will be there with the little 22 but we are moving in June and do not have a date set yet. I will let you know as soon as we know!! I will do what I can to make it though!! No foul, no harm on the other deal by the way!!

D

notda1
03-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the reply D . I hope to see you there if at all possible . Beteween BOB , Kurt and myself I am sure we can get a ride for you and a friend if you can't bring your boat . I am was hoping to see how that project turns out . The pictures look great , can't wait to see it in person :ernaehrung004:

notda1
03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey John , Thanks for the poker run schedule , looks like we should have a parade of boats coming through there in the afternoon . They always have a good turn out with some pretty cool boats . And we will have a great place to watch from . Looking forward to meetring up with you there . Thanks again , Ray :party-smiley-020:

Single Screw 32
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Ray, we have it on the Calendar. Look forward to hanging out with the old crew and hopefully a few new ones. Do you ever talk to the guy who has the old 30, Would love to see it in action again.

notda1
03-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Glad to hear you are in . Talked to Scott ( my old 30 ) and he will be there . Also got in touch with Don ( Purple 41' Rump Shaker ? ) said he only a short ride . Figures on hanging out on the hook , which he told me he has done there many times . Thanks for the up date . Ray

007joe
03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
any new takers????

Conman
03-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm considering coming if I get the hang of the new 290sc by then.

notda1
03-28-2009, 09:34 PM
If you plan to come by water let me know we have boats coming in from different parts of the bay you can cruise over with . Or they have a ramp that I am hoping they will let use if you want to trailer . Water on that part of the bay is usally fun for boats of all sizes . Hope you can make it . If I can help let me know . :boat:

007joe
04-23-2009, 12:29 PM
ttt....

notda1
04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Charlie called today , he's planning on coming with his boat Velocaraptor . Said he would try to pass along the word . Now if we can get some good weather . Joe hope you can be there . :party-smiley-020:

007joe
04-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Ray, just started my b!tch today, gonna splash 2moro and am already planning on making your run, barring any un-forseen conditions. Hope we get a nice turnout!

notda1
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Joe , Good luck with your maiden voyage Sunday . I am happy to hear that you are going to try to make it down for the weekend . The early list is ....1 Kurt w/32 ... 2 Don w/41....3 Charlie w/39 ..... 4 Joel w/41..... 5 Joe w/26..
...6 Scott w/30 ..... 7 hyper w/32 ...... 8 Ray w/41 .....
9 John w/39 drive by ... 10 Bob w/41 maybe ... ..............11 Conman w/29 maybe ....... Hope to still add more
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

007joe
04-28-2009, 07:23 PM
All went well, or as well as I expected.... thanks!

007joe
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Ray, how are things looking,I'm gonna book my hotel this week...

DKerns
05-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Ray, motor is out and at the machine shop!! We are not moving until the following weekend at this point in time. The only kicker right now is surgery on May 28th!! If all of my stars align, I will be there at least one day!! (With or without the boat!! Hoping with!!!!)

notda1
05-12-2009, 07:20 AM
It would be great if you can make it , boat optional . When I talked to Rick (VOG) he said he was going to try and drive over for a visit . Any way you can make it , will be good to see you . :ernaehrung004:

007joe
05-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Booked the room!.... I'll be there on Friday :drink:

Single Screw 32
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM
We are probably staying on the hook for saturday night. But we are in. What kind of run are we looking at and what's the game plan ? Run around saturday or sunday or both . Just asking because we have to line up the Puppy setter's. Curt P.S.is it only gonna be like the 3 of us? because if it is I'll anty up gas money and ride on the bus instead of taking the slow ride

notda1
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Curt you are welcome with or without the boat , I think I have 2 or 3 seats open . Have to confirm my count this week . Let me know if you want to jump aboard . Open to suggestions as to where we might cruise and when ( maybe rock hall or middle river ) . My only plan was to see the poker runners come through on saturday if it works out . :flag::flag::flag:

Single Screw 32
06-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Cool deal. I just don't want to be uncle catch up all day if only a couple boats are going .Keep us posted we are bringing the boat and staying but if everyone is gonna be out blasting around and you have room i'll pick up some fuel(for the bus) for Stacy and I

notda1
06-02-2009, 07:36 AM
You don't have to worry about playing catch up , I will try and stay in a group . Not looking to get crazy , just hoping to have enough fuel to get home . I think there is 89 at great oak but , for 93 I have to go up middle river , stoney creek , or the bay bridge marina . :sport009::sport009::sport009:

007joe
06-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Hey Single screw, I'll be there with my baby V, so you definitely won't have to play catch up...... Why don't we try to get lunch/ dinner someplace in the area... Ray, I'll call you later today

Single Screw 32
06-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Sounds Good 007, that will work Lunch or dinner will work also.Looking to get out and see some of those BIG OL VELOCITY"S run around the bay.

DKerns
06-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey Single screw, I'll be there with my baby V, so you definitely won't have to play catch up...... Why don't we try to get lunch/ dinner someplace in the area... Ray, I'll call you later today

I am hoping to be the "baby" Velocity of the bunch!!:party-smiley-004:

notda1
06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
They way you treat and drive that thing ain't like no baby :boat:

DKerns
06-03-2009, 01:13 PM
They way you treat and drive that thing ain't like no baby :boat:

shhhhhhhh!! :drink:

Hoping that I can get it together!!!!! Talk to you soon Ray!!

Revelocity
06-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I wanted to wish everyone a great time and hope that the weather cooperates! Ray has put together just the right kind of Velocity venue - a great location for time on the water and after the boats are tied up. I really like the idea of keeping things casual with no schedules nor destinations. Go where you want to go and when you want to go there or just hang out at the docks if you're so inclined. The essential element is getting the Velocity people together - great times result from there.

I wish I could make it but it's not going work for me as I'll be moving into my NJ shore rental that afternoon with wife, mother-in-law, dog and the 22'. Have a great time, be safe on the water and thank Ray for pulling this together. Hopefully we can do this again later this summer!

Rick

007joe
06-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Ray, Good speaking with you the other day, sounds like its gonna be a blast..... Can't wait!

I wanted to wish everyone a great time and hope that the weather cooperates! Ray has put together just the right kind of Velocity venue - a great location for time on the water and after the boats are tied up. I really like the idea of keeping things casual with no schedules nor destinations. Go where you want to go and when you want to go there or just hang out at the docks if you're so inclined. The essential element is getting the Velocity people together - great times result from there.

I wish I could make it but it's not going work for me as I'll be moving into my NJ shore rental that afternoon with wife, mother-in-law, dog and the 22'. Have a great time, be safe on the water and thank Ray for pulling this together. Hopefully we can do this again later this summer!

Rick

Rick, Well said :drink:

DKerns
06-04-2009, 09:41 PM

Rick

I was hoping to see you there!! Hope all is well and good luck!! That will be my last chance to get out on the bay this year!! Give me a call sometime.

Dwayne

1HYPER1
06-04-2009, 11:33 PM
We will be there,Viscous will be there and a Fountain or two plus we will be bringing a few Cruiser boats with Grills,kitchens,refrigerators for frozen cocktails and maNY OTHER AMMENITIES.Rick you need to come dowm for this one it will be fun.Maybe even a Hustler will show up,you never know.

notda1
06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I talked to the hotel yesterday and they still had a few rooms left . The more boats and people the better . This place should be a nice to spot to hang out , so many choices . Very happy to hear Hyper and his crew will be there :ernaehrung004:

notda1
06-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Talked to the helicopter photo man today . Told me he thinks that shooting us on saturday morning will workout . Any body interested in contact me so I can give him an idea of the boat count . Weather for the weekend is looking good . :party-smiley-020:

007joe
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Ray, That's great! you know already but I'm in!

Single Screw 32
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Just let us know what time and where. We are not sure where we are putting in yet but plan on doing it early. We also booked a slip close to those other Velocity guy's LOL

notda1
06-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Talked to Great oak today about the ramp . I was told that only people renting slips or staying overnite are allowed to use their ramp .You are welcome to give it a try but , he didn't seem like he was going to change that policy for me . . :angry-smiley-038:

DKerns
06-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Well gentlemen, It is not looking good for me!! The motor is going well, but reality is setting in. The packers are coming on Monday, and I have a lot of stuff to get in order for them. I hope you all have a great weekend!!!! I am looking forward to pics!!!!

Dwayne

Velocity Vector
06-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Well gentlemen, It is not looking good for me!! The motor is going well, but reality is setting in. The packers are coming on Monday, and I have a lot of stuff to get in order for them. I hope you all have a great weekend!!!! I am looking forward to pics!!!!

Dwayne

Why is Green Bay coming to your house?:bigbird:

1HYPER1
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM

WIZE AZZ :evilb:

If it stops raining,we will be OK.

DKerns
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM

:lolhit:

302Sport
06-11-2009, 11:54 AM
thinking about going....what is the breakdown of the schedule for the weekend?????

007joe
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't think its a fixed schedule, looks like saturday, we run around, saturday night at mears landing, and then sunday morning, I think is open... someone correct me if I'm wrong...
I'm heading up friday night and will be there til sunday....

007joe
06-11-2009, 05:37 PM
oh and the weather is supposed to be in the 70's and nice!!!

notda1
06-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I was going to suggest we head out in the afternoon to one of the many spots that are close by . Options include Rockhall , middle river . stoney creek ,ect , open to suggestions . Would like the people from this area to help out on this one . Looking from input on as a group to pick the destination . Might be worth hanging around the marina from 12-3 . The Rock the bay poker run will be having lunch there . Should be interesting to see some of that hardware . Weather is looking good and hoping for a great time . :circle:

Single Screw 32
06-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Sounds good, We could hang out and see some of the hardware and then head for a late lunch to rockhall or ??? We have a slip for the night at Great Oaks so we are open to what ever. Curt

notda1
06-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Had a great time over the weekend , hope everyone else who showed up did too . A short re-cap
Traveled the farthest Stars and Bars ( Lerado and crew ) Ohio
Bent Prop award Single Screw 32 ( Curt bent his prop ) PA
Best paint Velocraptor ( Charlie it's an animal thing ) DL
Ambassador's award ( 007 Joe for being such a nice guy ) NY
Best Looking crew ( gals it's to close to call )
Also thanks to these Velocity owners for coming :
Excess Energy ( tour guide and co-driver for the bus ) PA
Jamie ( co-pilot Velocraptor ) MD
John did a drop in ( 390 doing Rock the bay poker run ) NC
Thanks to all who came ;hope you all enjoyed yourself. I am looking forward to the next time !! :ernaehrung004:

EXCESS ENERGY
06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Had a great time over the weekend , hope everyone else who showed up did too . A short re-cap
Trevaled the farthest Stars and Bars ( Lerado and crew ) Ohio
Bent Prop award Single Screw 32 ( Curt bent his prop ) PA
Best paint Velocraptor ( Charlie it's an animal thing ) DL
Ambassador's award ( 007 Joe for being such a nice guy ) NY
Best Looking crew ( girls it's to close to call )
Also thanks to these Velocity owners for coming :
Excess Energy ( tour guide and co-driver for the bus ) PA
Jamie ( co-pilot Velocraptor ) MD
Thanks to all who came ,hope you all enjoyed yourselfs . I am looking forward to the next time !! :ernaehrung004:

Great time as always. Good to see the old VELOCITY owners and always good to welcome new VELOCITY owners to the group. Weather couldn't have been better. Had a good time and very good people to be around. Velocity's mato EXCITEMENT COMES STANDARD. BOB

1HYPER1
06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I saw Curt and the wife today at Lloydds creek,he said that it did not rain at all until Sat night,it was raining so hard at my house I thought to myself there is no way I am going out on the Bay and get soaked.WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS Sorry guys and I will see you all soon.
Bill

Single Screw 32
06-14-2009, 09:07 PM
We had a great time, Thanks again Ray .... I'll try and get a few pics up in a day or so. Great seeing everyone and meeting a few new friends. Joe or Larado let us know when you guy's and crew are ready to return to the bay and we can hit some local hangouts and establishments i think you guys and your crew would enjoy. Curt

Velocity Vector
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Glad to see everyone made it back safe.

seba3237
06-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Just wanted to drop in and thank everybody for the fun and hospitality......... We traveled down from Ohio on Thursday evening and had a great time on the bay Friday/Saturday. It was a wonderful to see all of the hardware for the poker run, enjoy the bars/beaches of the bay, but even better to catch up and speak with a fantastic group of guys! The Velocity owners and crew that we met at Mears great Oak Landing were a first-class group of folks!

We all had a great time and the trip went smoothly.
Thanks again and let's keep in touch,
Loreto and the crew from Ohio (Stars and Bars)

007joe
06-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Ray,
Thanks for setting the whole thing up :drink:
To the whole group, Ray, Bob, Charlie, Jamie, Curt and Stacy, Thanks for making us feel so welcome!
My offer stand for you guys to come north (or south for you Ohio guys!) and let me take you and yours out around here, just drop me a line and I'll make sure I'm available!
I got some video (a little choppy but I'll put up the best parts) and some pics I'll try and get up tonight.
Oh, and it was great listening to your collective knowledge and experience... Thanks again to all involved...
After a bad week it was re-assuring to meet and hang out with such a great group of people!

007joe
06-15-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmJJBLLaKl4
A short video......
And a few pics, my camera must have been acting up I only have a few Velocity shots and only a few of the rest of the stuff.....

EXCESS ENERGY
06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to drop in and thank everybody for the fun and hospitality......... We traveled down from Ohio on Thursday evening and had a great time on the bay Friday/Saturday. It was a wonderful to see all of the hardware for the poker run, enjoy the bars/beaches of the bay, but even better to catch up and speak with a fantastic group of guys! The Velocity owners and crew that we met at Mears great Oak Landing were a first-class group of folks!

We all had a great time and the trip went smoothly.
Thanks again and let's keep in touch,
Loreto and the crew from Ohio (Stars and Bars)

Loreto and crew from Ohio, It was a pleasure to meet you and your group. Hope we can get together some time in the future. The boat looked good too. Bob

EXCESS ENERGY
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Ray,
Thanks for setting the whole thing up :drink:
To the whole group, Ray, Bob, Charlie, Jamie, Curt and Stacy, Thanks for making us feel so welcome!
My offer stand for you guys to come north (or south for you Ohio guys!) and let me take you and yours out around here, just drop me a line and I'll make sure I'm available!
I got some video (a little choppy but I'll put up the best parts) and some pics I'll try and get up tonight.
Oh, and it was great listening to your collective knowledge and experience... Thanks again to all involved...
After a bad week it was re-assuring to meet and hang out with such a great group of people!

007joe, It was good to meet and hang out with you and your buddy. Try to make it up some time. Bob

seba3237
06-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Loreto and crew from Ohio, It was a pleasure to meet you and your group. Hope we can get together some time in the future. The boat looked good too. Bob

Bob, I'd really like to check out your boat with the Big FORD power. Do you have any pics to share?
Just interested in seeing more velocities.

Thanks again for all of the hospitatility!

Velocity390
06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Ray,

It was a nice run across to JJ's with you guys. The boat looked good!!!!!!

It was nice talking to you guys at lunch. Maybe next time we won't be in a hurry to head for the next card stop!!!!!

notda1
06-18-2009, 12:18 PM
It was a beautifull sight to see your boat , the yellow 41 and mine running up the bay in a pack . The way it worked out was great . Glad you were able to hang out with us for a while . Look forward to seeing you again soon :ernaehrung004:

notda1
06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks to all of you that were able to make it , hope everyone had a good time . Looking forward to a chance to do it again soon . :party-smiley-020:

007joe
06-25-2009, 10:56 PM
some of the other hardware at the run

007joe
06-25-2009, 10:59 PM
and more