Notices

Hatch Actuator

Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hatch Actuator

Hey Guys

Since all my lights dim and my stereo cuts out [even with onboard charger hooked up!] I figure my hatch actuator has seen better days!, I have greased the zerk fitting and checked the wiring/connections, and they are all fine, it looks like crap, but, has served its purpose, well, I think I am finally gonna have to break down and replace it, I was curious what brand [if any?] was better than others?, I realize there isn't much to them, I notice some have stainless rams, and some dont, but, is there any "real" difference between them?, I would like something that doesn't doesn't require a nuclear plant to raise and lower and something that is a little quicker would be nice too, thanks for any input!, its appreciated!

Michael
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Registered

Will do, I will have to measure the lengths tommorow and get back to you, Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
Will do, I will have to measure the lengths tommorow and get back to you, Thanks!
Clear Your PM's So I can send you some info. CIGROCKET
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

PM'S are cleared, fire away!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
PM'S are cleared, fire away!
You should test the hatch motor first before you buy a new one. Disconnect power to the hatch motor and run power directly from a fully charged battery to it, eliminating all of the wiring between the switch and motor. If the motor still struggles then you can be assured the motor is weak. If the motor brings the hatch right up you, have a wiring problem between the switch and motor. Corrosion etc. that is causing a bigger resistence , then causing a voltage drop before the motor. You can also put a meter on the wiring and have some one activte the switch and see the voltage drop at the motor.

Good luck