Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Is fuel system the same in a 500 efi and a 502 >

Is fuel system the same in a 500 efi and a 502

Notices

Is fuel system the same in a 500 efi and a 502

Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is fuel system the same in a 500 efi and a 502

Does Mercury use the same fuel lines for a 500 efi and a older 502 MPI. I am looking to add cool fuels for a pair for 500 efi's wondering if they will work
Old 05-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you tell me what years you are working with i can double check at work. i just got finished doing a custom fuel system for my 96 502 mag mpi and it was a pain.... i had the vst tank and took it off and had to get different lines, new electric pumps, to run to new style fuel cooler and other stuff. just one line from fuel rail to fuel cooler is close to 200 bucks, thats the one i couldnt get made and the whole fuel system kicked my ass all last week, but i got it all figured out and ran it 2 days ago, in the video you can see the fuel cooler and alot of the lines. if you have a out line on your fuel rail you can just return it to the tank, when you add the new fuel coolers.
mine routes like this: tank-low pressure electric pump(i removed my mechanical pump but if you have tou can still keep it, you just need a high pressure pump to feed the fuel rail and injectors)-fuel/water filter-high pressure pump/fuel cooler-fuel rail-return to tank and pressure regulator on cooler back to fuel/water filter.
jay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTirosKaZ3A