31 AO Any advice >

31 AO Any advice

Notices

31 AO Any advice

Old 06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 31 AO Any advice

Im looking at this boat do you guys know any thing about it? Any good or bad would be appreciated. Does anyone know or had seen this particular boat running around. Any known problems with it? I had an older one they are great boats lots of bang for the buck.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-3100-95272091
Thanks

Last edited by 31American Offshr; 06-23-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a hell of a deal for that boat. They are very stable at 100mph. The older ones were heavy so they really ate some water. Price looks very good. Wish I was in the market.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Registered

Has had scoops at some point so probably blower motors along the way. I also see water dumps out the back so maybe chillers at some point. Looks like is has the "ideal" X dimension with what looks like 2 inch shorties. Prop shafts look like that are even with the bottom of the boat but it is hard to tell from the pics. I am not sure why there is a roller in the senter of the trailer in the rear, unless that helps if you happen to run the sponson down the center of the uprights. Has the non skid top deck. Which is great for non skidding but sux to clean. Price looks good and overall it looks good. It would be nice to see pics of the motors.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered

I am pretty sure this was TJ's boat. The boat had some big motors at one time and I heard was running over 140mph. TJ passed on and I heard the boat had gone back to the bank. Somewhere along the line it looks as though the motors were swapped out. That looks like a very cheap price the only thing I have heard was that when Scott was building the boats they were not as good as prior years. I know that this boat was the center of a lot of controversy and that TJ had to drive there and pretty much take the boat that had been financed prior to even being built. Make sure and do a VIN check and UCC-1 prior to buying the boat to make sure there are no issues.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

Thanks that was Tjs boat.I had spoken to a couple of peaple and even got bilge pics inner liner pics and yes the boat not built the way AOs have been built in the past and appears to be a pos in my opinion. It was also involved in some litigation and do not ant to be involved in that crap. If it wasnt built by Ed I will not buy it.I am going to steer clear. Thanks for yor advise and opinion on the boat.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

Default More info

This boat was originally built for the owner of AO but was sold to TJ who had huge blower motors installed which ran the boat to 150 mph. The boat now has 540ci carb motors built by Tom @ Pro Marine in Lake Havasu and runs right at 100mph. The boat has a clean trailer title , boat HIN , and UCC1.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Was this boat offered w/o power by an Eliminator dealership for quite a while? , if so I was going to buy it at one point, w/o power for 50k.. nonetheless it seems like a great deal for an '04 boat turn key - i would be all over that if I was looking for a 31
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered

Ran-dom, how does the Hummer do towing the boat?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

actually tows it quite well, It has the air ride suspension, although I don't tow it often I keep my boat on a lift, how's your boat running this year? have you done anything new to it?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Registered

No changes over the winter. All dialed in and running great. Seeing real good numbers every time out. I am considering selling/trading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.