Notices

trim tab help!!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question trim tab help!!!!!

I have lenco tabs on my 03 checkmate.

worked fine last year. started fine this year then.
1- the port side led lights went out (tabs still worked)
2- shut the boat down and one of the tabs got stuck in the automatic up mode with key power off. i killed the bat switch and kicked it back on and they where fine.
3- last week, i went out niether side led would work, and the port side tab would do nothing
4-starbord tab got stuck in the up mode when the key was turned off. killed the bat switch again and it stopped.

5- put the new switch in now if i put the starb tab down and shut the key, it does not return to the up position like its suposed to

i called lenco, they said bad key pad/switch.

yesterday i put the new switch in and nothing changed.
took the boat apart to get to the control box. i put a test light on the wires feeding the tab motors. all 4 wires are powered out of the box correct, and i went to the part of the wire on the other side of the connectors used (incase a bad conection) and all 4 wires still had power.

from the conector (about 12"from the wires from the box) all the way back is one cable with 2 wires inside so there isnt a brake in the wire, nothing i could see.
i wanted to test the wires tied into the tab, see if i still have power at the end of the line, but cant get the motor apart.
anyone tell me where to go from here?
even if i get a new motor, i have no idea how to get the old wiring out, and replace it. or do i have to replace the hole cable?
if so, thats a serios ball buster as theres 4200 or 5200 sealing the hull, then 25 feet of trying to fish a new wire etc.
any help would be great.
thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally i think i would just buy some K-planes