trailer brake help

Notices
Formula

trailer brake help

Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer brake help

Thought I'd repost this here to get more exposure. I'm trying to get this turned around by Friday so I can get the boat to A Bay. Thanks for any thoughts, Mike

I have an '02 Myco with Titan Electric over hydraulic with a drawtite Pilot controller in my truck. Two months ago everything worked fine. Today I pulled the boat from lake ontario and basically had no trailer brakes. The battery on the trailer was fine and the controller in the truck showed connection and appeared to be normal. When I pulled the emergency disconnect nothing happened, (pump did not activate). This is the first generation black and white Titan unit on the trailer. Anyone with thoughts would be appreciated, I plan to tow around 100 miles Friday and really don't want to rely on the trucks brakes. I contacted Myco and they gave me a contact at Titan but haven't heard back from him yet. Thanks for any advice, Mike
Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Call Axa and see if he has Mark C's number. He did some work on Axa's trailer at his shop, might be able to help you out.

You moving into Rip's slip this weekend?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Pete, good idea. You need to understand though that Mark is one of MY GUYS, I've known him for 23 years, his shop is right down the road from where I work. He was the first and only mechanic I've ever used in Syracuse.