what is the best trim of drives and tabs for the fastest speed

Notices
Formula

what is the best trim of drives and tabs for the fastest speed

Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best trim of drives and tabs for the fastest speed

hi guys on the 353 fastech with 496 hos regular setup what is thebest trım for dırves andtabs or which numbershould theindicators ofdrives and tabs stay i tried a boat 353 today could not takeit over 65 mph what do youthink was wrong.ps:boat had bottom painted stupid)
Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tc 0707
hi guys on the 353 fastech with 496 hos regular setup what is thebest trım for dırves andtabs or which numbershould theindicators ofdrives and tabs stay i tried a boat 353 today could not takeit over 65 mph what do youthink was wrong.ps:boat had bottom painted stupid)
tc 0707 .... you need to talk to Rippem .... he has the exact set up you are looking at minus the bottom paint.

That in it self should set off some alarms .... how long does this 353 sit in the water and what type of water? Fresh or Salt?

I am hoping fresh water and it is just a lazy dumb azz who didn't like cleaning the boat for your sake.

Check the boat out for any corrosion or water blisters. Going to be hard to see with the paint on it.

Give Rippem a page .... I am quite sure he could help you.

Jeff
Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tc 0707
Double 07 ~ I have a 353 with 525's. When I'm running for top-end, I run the drives @ 6-7, and no tabs at all unless the water is a little rough. If there's two-foot chop out there, I like to drop the tabs to neutral to help stabilize the ride (8-8.5). In bigger water, I'll drop the tabs a little more and tuck the drives accordingly to keep it in the water.

The first time I ran the 353, I thought something was wrong, because when I tried to trim it like my '89 311, I had bow-steer going on, and it felt like a slug. I couldn't believe that the 353 needed the drives to be so much higher than my 311 to run right. It sounds to me like you just need to bring up your drives and tabs and let 'er rip! Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Dave