Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Possibly Selling my Silent Thunder platform. >

Possibly Selling my Silent Thunder platform.

Notices
Formula

Possibly Selling my Silent Thunder platform.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly Selling my Silent Thunder platform.

I am considering selling my silent thunder platform off my 311. I dont know what its worth but I will not "give it away" as it will be next to impossible to replace. Any ideas on a $$?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shipping costs would be a killer. Got pictures? Price is a big question mark. There's really no market to compare to. It's just a case of making a deal with someone who needs one. I know they're irreplaceable, but, unless someone crunched one and really wants another, there's no market.

I've got some minor hair line cracks in mine. May be interested but not for huge money. It would have to be mint as mine is pretty nice. The cracks are very minor. Probably have to paint yours too. Toss some pictures up and we'll see where it goes.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Personally......If I took it off (which I wouldn't) I would never sell it. Those old school SR-1's look much better WITH the factory platform IMO and as you are aware, if you ever wanted to put one back on, you'd never find another one for sale.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
Personally......If I took it off (which I wouldn't) I would never sell it. Those old school SR-1's look much better WITH the factory platform IMO and as you are aware, if you ever wanted to put one back on, you'd never find another one for sale.
I prefer the aluminum platform look myself and I am sick of carrying around water, plus it sets you apart from other Formulas.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NOMO
I prefer the aluminum platform look myself and I am sick of carrying around water, plus it sets you apart from other Formulas.
I bet the aluminum platform will depreciate value too, so it would be best to keep the original one to put back on at resale.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Cool

I took mine off and now it hangs in the man cave as part of my Formula shrine. I spent a lot of money and effort to make my big dogs bark then, the mufflers bummed me out everytime we started up at poker runs. The only way I could tell if they were running was to look at the tacks. It's too late tonight....tomorrow I'll post some pics of my silent thunder shrine. By the way, we only use the thumping sound system at dock these days.....can't hear it while runnning...
Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

Many folks here gave theirs away to other members to be cool so not sure what it would sell for. I'd say keep it for resale later, but if you want it out don't expect much as others could just repair theirs as opposed to shipping , plus matching paint . It would be a rare case for someone to buy a boat w/o platform and really want one.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

The one on my 353 was ratchet strapped to the back of my trailer when I took delivery of the boat and will most likely be the same way when I sell.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jaybird
Many folks here gave theirs away to other members to be cool so not sure what it would sell for. I'd say keep it for resale later, but if you want it out don't expect much as others could just repair theirs as opposed to shipping , plus matching paint . It would be a rare case for someone to buy a boat w/o platform and really want one.
It will have a more functional aluminum platfrom with a better ladder mounted between the drives rather than a ladder over a drive so you can kick the prop when boarding.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I bet the aluminum platform will depreciate value too, so it would be best to keep the original one to put back on at resale.
Like values are high in this market anyway? I am not planning on selling after the new motors go in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.