50' Hustler at Suncoast? >

50' Hustler at Suncoast?

Notices

50' Hustler at Suncoast?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 50' Hustler at Suncoast?

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about the 50' at Suncoast in FL? Seemed cheap, but 575 SC seemed to bring'm down. They said one motor had been refreshed, one freshened and one sealed. All outdrives either rebuilt or replaced. I like the boat but........?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I've heard that the 575 was not a very popular engine for Merc. Racing. I've looked at the boat also, but I'm leery of the 575 and the drives issues. It's a big boat for bravo drives.

BTW, I lived in Abilene Tx for ~ years, 1982-1990, spent alot of time in Possum Kingdom, or Brownwood. Also been out to Ft. Phantom numerous times, as long as the water was up.

Good luck with the Hustler, but I bet it spent more time in the shop, (Between Drives and engine rebuilds) then it did in the water....
Dean
Old 11-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you talk to Scott or Gary at Suncoast? They both know the owner and the boat very well. Either one of these guys should be able to provide you with all the information you need.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

do a leak down on the motors.. The 50 rides good. When drives blow, get with Rik from Arneson, he'll hook you up with some asd-7's.. Many Hustlers have the Arnesons on. Get with Scott and work the numbers.. he's a very fair guy.. Just remember, trips, means trip maintenace and so on. I personally prefer to have trips on this size boat with the correct drives, vs 2 850's or larger. Get a survey to CYA. Jeff