trs/bravo ??s >

trs/bravo ??s

Notices

trs/bravo ??s

Old 11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trs/bravo ??s

been looking at a lot of boats lately.some of the boats have trs drives,some bravo.i perfer a bravo base drive over a trs.here is my question,if a boat has trs drives,can it be converted to a bravo drive.i understand that the trs has a trans,and the transome foot-print is bigger.do you have to set the engine back futher on a bravo conversion.i know konrad makes a replacement,but it stil uses a trans,right?thanks for any help.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcfountain
been looking at a lot of boats lately.some of the boats have trs drives,some bravo.i perfer a bravo base drive over a trs.here is my question,if a boat has trs drives,can it be converted to a bravo drive.i understand that the trs has a trans,and the transome foot-print is bigger.do you have to set the engine back futher on a bravo conversion.i know konrad makes a replacement,but it stil uses a trans,right?thanks for any help.
A trs boat can be converted to a bravo but there is some work involved.
The trs cut out in the transome is larger then a bravo cut out. Reglass the transome and cut out a new hole for the bravo (at the same time you can change the X-diametion).
The engine will then need to be moved back since you are nolonger using the trans.
To do the swap you will need a drive, gimble, backing plate, bellhousing, flywheel, coupler, shifter mechanism, new oil cooler.
The Konrad still uses the trans from a trs set-up and iam pretty sure the konrad can bolt right up to the trs hosuing.
Erik
Old 11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Going from Bravo to TRS or vice versa is a lot of work - like was said plenty of transom work, remounting of the engine and motor mounts, plus the rigging will most likely have to be adjusted (possible purchase some new cables/wiring). It will change the Center of Gravity of the boat.

The Konrads bolt right up and seem to be pretty bullet proof so far....
Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Registered

Yes, Konrad has a TRE replacement. You use the same transom, you only change the halmet. We have done a couple applications. They are pretty much bullet prove. Very reasonably priced. If you have outside steering, it can accomadate it also. Give me a call if interested. 954 237 0332
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to go Bravo, I have a good set of drives and HP gimbles available and your pretty close to Philly to pick up.

Besides the transom work which needs to be done. Couldn't he use a drive line set up with shafts eliminating the trans leaving the engines in place? Just adjusting the up and down position and still keeping the balance close to the same?

I have a drive line set up available too. Bell housings, shafts, joints, shields, everything except for the rear cradle carrier which I think I know where they are. I was going to move my engines forward using this set up but changed plans.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
If you decide to go Bravo, I have a good set of drives and HP gimbles available and your pretty close to Philly to pick up.

Besides the transom work which needs to be done. Couldn't he use a drive line set up with shafts eliminating the trans leaving the engines in place? Just adjusting the up and down position and still keeping the balance close to the same?

I have a drive line set up available too. Bell housings, shafts, joints, shields, everything except for the rear cradle carrier which I think I know where they are. I was going to move my engines forward using this set up but changed plans.
thats what i was thinking,but where would the rear bell-housing mount to?