Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Baja Stereo install/mounting question?? >

Baja Stereo install/mounting question??

Notices

Baja Stereo install/mounting question??

Old 11-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Baja Stereo install/mounting question??

Hey Guys!

I am looking at upgrading the stereo in my 24ft Outlaw, there IS a system in it now, so, its pretty straightforward, but, I am not sure how to remove the existing amps from the bulkhead? [between the cabin/cockpit] the amps are mounted on the "drivers" side inside the cabin [where most people mount them] I cant get my hand "behind" the bulkead or between the cut out for the cabin door opening, so, I assume the actual panel in the cabin comes down?, any idea how?, there is an "arch" about 2 inches wide that mounts across the top of the bulkhead from side to side, it "appears" that this is what prevents the bulkhead panel from coming down, do I remove this?, how is it done?, I dont want to damage anything, or have it looked "butchered" when I am done, so, I would appreciate someone telling me the correct way to do it, Thanks in advance!

Michael
Old 11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Anyone?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure abou the 24 Outlaw, I have the 25 Outlay and I can get to the bulkhead by removing the lower dash panel and the fuse box that is under the steeting wheel. I think the 24 might be diffrent but not for sure. Did you post anything in the Baja Form? Brian
Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Thanks, I dont think I can get access from there, but, will have another look, did post in the Baja forum, but, no luck yet, Thanks! for the reply!

Michael