292 owners - flush out head

Notices
Formula

292 owners - flush out head

Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 292 owners - flush out head

Does anyone know how to use the electric flush out head in a 2002 292? We've had ours for 4 years and never used it but may have to here in a few weeks. We asked our old dealer at LOTO (won't mention any names but since we don't have a 382, 400SS, or yacht, were treated like 6th class citizens) thus never got help or the information. Even tried Formula and they said read the owners manual but that's useless too.

I know it can't be that difficult but I'm getting ready to take a load of girls to the winterfest boat parade in Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks and I'm sure this will be a useful item to have working...thanks for your help!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Brad,are you sure you have an electric head? I don't recall it being an option on the 292.It requires a holding tank,and there is no room for a holding tank on the 292.I could be wrong,but maybe some owners will chime in.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Brad,are you sure you have an electric head? I don't recall it being an option on the 292.It requires a holding tank,and there is no room for a holding tank on the 292.I could be wrong,but maybe some owners will chime in.
Positive....10 gallon holding tank with macerator. All of the plumbing is right behind the rear seat, not sure where the tank is but I have two through hulls, one for fuel and one for waste.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't think that was an option either. I have a 02 292 which has basically a port a pot. I do have the ability to pump out, so I have both caps for waste and fuel as well. It had to have been a dealer or owner addition. Formula's use vacu-flush heads, never heard of an electric head. I'm looking at the fastech catelog now, and that's definately not a factory option on a 292. You got me???
Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Maybe we are confusing the terminology,as the vacuflush head is 12 volt powered,therefore could be called electric?Anyway,vacuflush operation,make sure the power is on,step on the pedal to flush,when holding tank is full,a full light comes on,then you can go to a pumpout station,or move the y-valve to pump overboard(highly illegal most places.)Hope this helps,but still very curious as to what you have. If it is all factory,post the hull# and I can call up the build sheet.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

If it is vacuflush, prep it by flushing down a package of the powder, or a bottle of the liquid odor control. I assume the water feed to it is from your fresh water tank, so make sure you fill that before the trip. You will also be better off if you use the marine/RV toilet paper versus the stuff you use at home.

Just have it pumped out when you are done. Most places will back wash it once or twice after they pump it out.