building BBC 572 Supercharge need Heads DART/AFR 325/335/345/357cc >

building BBC 572 Supercharge need Heads DART/AFR 325/335/345/357cc

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I 'm putting together a 572 Supercharge I would like to get some aluminum heads. does anybody have any deals right now. what would be a good set-up running merlin 2 block.
Are the CNC Aluminum heads worth the money for a marine application.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

I recently did a couple of 496 builds and went with the Alum. Dart Pro 1, 310's. Once you get past the initial cost you'll never regret it. Keep in mind Jim Valako does a great job with heads. He is on the board and has a shop in GR. MI. He loves to make power. If interested you can PM JimV.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FORCEINU
I 'm putting together a 572 Supercharge I would like to get some aluminum heads. does anybody have any deals right now. what would be a good set-up running merlin 2 block.
Are the CNC Aluminum heads worth the money for a marine application.
Send a PM to RMBUILDER. He can get you fixed up and priced right. I do quite a bit of business with the guy and he is first class all the way. Name is Bob Madero
Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I have a good used set of CNC Brodix BB2 xtra w/ stainless and inconel valves, fresh water only.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

You really can't go wrong with any of the name brand heads. I have used Dart's for ever. I recently starting using Brodix on some of my common combinations and they spanked the Dart's. There was a considerable power increase with the Brodix heads over the Darts on some packages that I have done countless times. Everything else remained the same, so it was an excellent comparison. They were pulled on the same dyno also.
I also just tried a set of AFR cnc 335's on a 540. Again, this was a mild, common combo that typically makes 660-670 hp. The one with the AFR's had a little less compression, but made just over 700 hp. So, I was really pleased with them.
Personally, I have been using the Brodix heads more and more. They have consistently outflowed the Dart's. There were a few things that I did not like about the Afr's, even though they made good power.
The cnc heads are worth .the money. That doesn't mean that they do not need some work. They will still benefit from some port work. I recently ported a set of Brodix cnc heads and was able to pick up over 20 cfms on the exhaust.
Depending on the power you are looking to make, the Brodix bb3extra (355 cnc) heads would be a good all around choice. Give me a call if I can help. I would be glad to give you a price on either a bare set or a complete, assembled, turn key set of heads. You will find my prices very competetive. Good luck with the build.
Eddie
Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
You really can't go wrong with any of the name brand heads. I have used Dart's for ever. I recently starting using Brodix on some of my common combinations and they spanked the Dart's. There was a considerable power increase with the Brodix heads over the Darts on some packages that I have done countless times. Everything else remained the same, so it was an excellent comparison. They were pulled on the same dyno also.

Personally, I have been using the Brodix heads more and more. They have consistently outflowed the Dart's. There were a few things that I did not like about the Afr's, even though they made good power.

The cnc heads are worth .the money. That doesn't mean that they do not need some work. They will still benefit from some port work. I recently ported a set of Brodix cnc heads and was able to pick up over 20 cfms on the exhaust.

Depending on the power you are looking to make, the Brodix bb3extra (355 cnc) heads would be a good all around choice. Eddie
Eddie, which brand and size of CNC ported head would you prefer on a 557cid (tall deck 4.3/8" stroke) roots supercharged engine destined for marine application that would give excellent midrange power while topping out at about 5800-6000rpm or so? thanks

Last edited by KAAMA; 01-12-2010 at 06:29 AM.